• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Reject DV

I put up a new thread in which you can read how it went...approved!!!:) and what question were asked....if you have additional question feel free to ask me...:)

well, what about if someone hasn't pay Medical bills yet? - Does it effect with the Dv Lottery Interview and might be rejected?

What medical bills are you talking about? I don't think you will get a consult with the DV doctor anyway if you don't pay him, thus no test results or x-rays, thus no green card. The embassy doesn't care about outstanding bills or loans in your own country. They do not have access to that kind of information, and quite frankly, I don't think they'd care if they would. If you don't owe money to Uncle Sam, you're good to go.

What medical bills are you talking about? I don't think you will get a consult with the DV doctor anyway if you don't pay him, thus no test results or x-rays, thus no green card. The embassy doesn't care about outstanding bills or loans in your own country. They do not have access to that kind of information, and quite frankly, I don't think they'd care if they would. If you don't owe money to Uncle Sam, you're good to go.

What I meant is that I do live in the US now, im an international student and i've been to Hospitals like 3 times or so and there are still Medical bills that I haven't paid yet in here so, what I want to know that it would affect my records if i won the DvLottery? would they look at those things like I owe hospitals for $2000 for instance? would be rejected?

Thanks for your concern.

Most government run agencies run credit reports with their background checks, but I have no clue if that is part of what is done in visa cases and some things might not be put out for the public to be known, but i doubt that some one will be rejected due to $ 2000.- debt, unless you have no proof of funds, job offer or I-134.

The question is too broad. A lot of reasons. Mass murderers do not get immigrant visas, for instance.

this reply is really funny. Its true there re diff reasons for refusal or denial. Thats a very wide question

refusal visa

Hi
I'm a DV-2010 winner. At the time of entry for lottery I forgot to list my wife and child, after I selected as a winner I went to interview they refused me because of this mistake. I want to know what can I do?
thank you

jam_14051 I'm sorry to hear this but thanks for sharing your experience with us, I'm sure it will help someone.

I'm sure there's nothing that can be done now since it is very clear in the rules that this kind of omission is grounds for instant disqualification and besides it will be kinda hard to convince them that you somehow forgot to mention your wife and child in your application.

I don't know if you can try to win again but if you do win again how will this denial affect any future applications?...

Hi
I'm a DV-2010 winner. At the time of entry for lottery I forgot to list my wife and child, after I selected as a winner I went to interview they refused me because of this mistake. I want to know what can I do?
thank you

Hi Jam, there is nothing you can do other than accept their decision. According to the dv requirement, failure to list your spouse and all children will result in disqualification of the principal applicant and refusal of all visas in the case at the time of the visa interview. Click HERE and go to page 5.

I know dv requirements now. my mean is a lawyer maybe can help me...

I don't think any lawyer can help you...you can apply again and hope you win, but you might even have jeapardized your visa chances because a denial will be on your record.

The application is clearly asking to add all of your children and spouse...so by not doing so you made a false statement which resulted in a denial...No decent lawyer will touch your case, or they will loose their good name. You are the one responsible for filling it out the way you did and at that time you must have had a reason to do so...it isn't just a box that you forgot to click on...you can't have missed the spouse, and children's questions because it is very clearly mentioned on the application and before you submit it they ask you if you have filled it out correct and if it is the truth...any one can make a small error in the name, b-day, like a spelling error, but not forgetting kids and spouse, that is done for a reason....and you have to live with that. Sorry, i don't want to be harsh, but that is reality...

I don't think any lawyer can help you...you can apply again and hope you win, but you might even have jeapardized your visa chances because a denial will be on your record.

The application is clearly asking to add all of your children and spouse...so by not doing so you made a false statement which resulted in a denial...No decent lawyer will touch your case, or they will loose their good name. You are the one responsible for filling it out the way you did and at that time you must have had a reason to do so...it isn't just a box that you forgot to click on...you can't have missed the spouse, and children's questions because it is very clearly mentioned on the application and before you submit it they ask you if you have filled it out correct and if it is the truth...any one can make a small error in the name, b-day, like a spelling error, but not forgetting kids and spouse, that is done for a reason....and you have to live with that. Sorry, i don't want to be harsh, but that is reality...

Jam,

bentlebee is wright, don't waste your money to hire a lawyer. Let your wife re-apply for DV2012.

Good luck

For family applications, would it be possible to have one member of the family rejected whereas other members allowed? (for example: due to missing document or health issue)

The criteria for meeting the Green Card Lottery either should have 12 years course of elementary and secondary education or two years of work experience.

I know dv requirements now. my mean is a lawyer maybe can help me...

How..? You applied and submitted a form as being filled out in a honest way, which clearly isn't. Even if it was a mistake this is too much..How can you forget not one but more people in your family if you walk through the entry form which is easily giving you the option to fill it out...Sorry.