• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Reject DV

The question is too broad. A lot of reasons. Mass murderers do not get immigrant visas, for instance.

If you have the most important papers;

good conduct from police, B.A certificate, work experience, good medical examination, sponsor, Job letter in US.

is there any reasons to be refused??!!

Job description should match your education. Otherwise you will be subject to public charge.

Not enough funding, fake marriage, fake HS papers, criminal background, not eligible job requirement, etc.

well, what about if someone hasn't pay Medical bills yet? - Does it effect with the Dv Lottery Interview and might be rejected?

Job description should match your education. Otherwise you will be subject to public charge.

Hi raevsky, so what if you have a college degree but you don't have a job matching your education , i mean i have a job but not matching my education . a lot of people do these days . thanks.

I think there should be no problem about that. Regarding the level of education, the only thing they demand, is the high school certificate. Sometimes it's hard to get a job that suits your degree and people working on things that have no relationship. That happens very often in many countries and I think, they will not reject someone for that. For questions, you can read the rules of the lottery.

Good Luck :D

when Consular refuse DV?
what are the reasons?

I can only recommend you, do not tell lies or hide anything, because that will bring serious consequences in your process of obtaining any type of visa. Always say the truth, and be honest with them and yourself. This is my advice. Immigratios officials are not fools and are experts in discovering lies.

well, what about if someone hasn't pay Medical bills yet? - Does it effect with the Dv Lottery Interview and might be rejected?

If you owe money to the embassy doctors who perform medical examinations for the lottery, maybe you could have problems.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there should be no problem about that. Regarding the level of education, the only thing they demand, is the high school certificate. Sometimes it's hard to get a job that suits your degree and people working on things that have no relationship. That happens very often in many countries and I think, they will not reject someone for that. For questions, you can read the rules of the lottery.
If you have a university degree and show a job offer at the consulate, that requires a high school diploma, consulate usually assumes your university degree is fake or your job offer is fake. Either case would lead to visa denial.

If you have a university degree and show a job offer at the consulate, that requires a high school diploma, consulate usually assumes your university degree is fake or your job offer is fake. Either case would lead to visa denial.

That's over-simplifying the situation. The Consulate doesn't assume either is "fake" unless they can't substantiate the credentials. That means the reason for denial is that the applicant is lying. These days, people do obtain jobs that is different from their college degree field of studies. You can't penalize people for obtaining higher education but preferring to work a lesser job. That's their choice if they want to do that.

That's over-simplifying the situation. The Consulate doesn't assume either is "fake" unless they can't substantiate the credentials. That means the reason for denial is that the applicant is lying. These days, people do obtain jobs that is different from their college degree field of studies. You can't penalize people for obtaining higher education but preferring to work a lesser job. That's their choice if they want to do that.

I'm fully agree with you, and I do not know any person who is penalized for working on something that did not study.

I'm fully agree with you, and I do not know any person who is penalized for working on something that did not study.
I know one. A person with a university degree showed to a consul in Warsaw a job offer from a gas station in Pittsburgh (not even a high school education is necessary for this type of job - a cashier). He was denied for providing a fake job offer with the reason as public charge. According to the visa applicant, both the degree and the job offer were not fake.

I guess, the consul was considering

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86988.pdf

9 FAM 40.41 N4.5 Education and Work Experience
(CT:VISA-1126; 12-03-2008)
You should review the applicant's education and work experience to
determine if these are compatible with the duties of the applicant's job offer
(if any). You should consider the applicant's skills, length of employment,
and frequency of job changes. Even if a job offer is not required, you should
assess the likelihood of the alien's ability to become or remain self-sufficient,
if necessary, within a reasonable time after entry into the United States.
(See 9 FAM 40.41 N4.7.)

Clearly, they were not compatible.

On the other hand, if a person with a univesity degree ih physics finds a position in a similar area, which also requires a university degree, like, in computer science or math, that is OK.

I know one. A person with a university degree showed to a consul in Warsaw a job offer from a gas station in Pittsburgh (not even a high school education is necessary for this type of job - a cashier). He was denied for providing a fake job offer with the reason as public charge. According to the visa applicant, both the degree and the job offer were not fake..

I know several people in my country (Venezuela) who have won the lottery, without a job offer, they only had enough money or an affidavit of support. Some are working on something that has nothing to do with their profession or degree. They never had problems at the embassy and the United States.

Many began to work on something that is not related to his profession, and after several months, they found a job corresponding to their professions.

Good luck

Usually public charge denial is not used in DV cases, even in case there is no I-134. But if a person is trying to show a job offer he clearly will not take, from the point of view of the consul, public charge reason for denial is likely.

One person on this forum was denied due to not speaking English well enough to obtain a license which he will need to work in the same job in the USA. He had the job requirement...but when a license is needed and you can't speak, write and read English well enough at the time of your interview, then it is up to the person conducting the interview and in his case it meant..."denial"...that is what he wrote and he was pretty upset about it...

Thanks.....I won't be in the room...but waiting for my friend in the hall way. I will write her experience a.s.a.p.