registration with frro

kmurali70

Registered Users (C)
i got my 1 year visa for my 2 month old baby who will be going to india,
the visa says that he will need to register within 14 days if the visa is for more than 180 days.
do i need to register him with frro within 14 days even if he stays for less than 180 days in india.

does registration apply for visitors less than 16 years of age ?
i thought one needs to register only if they stay more than 180 days.
thanks

If your childs stay is less than 180 days there is absolutely no need to register with the FRRO.

But if the stay is going to be > 180 days then you must register with the FRRO even if they are younger than 16 years. Trust me on this. My 10 year old was not allowed to board her flight in India on her way to the US as I was under the same assumption. I pleaded with the airport immigration that the bureau of Immigration website clearly says that children below 16 dont need to register with the FRRO. However it did not fly and they kept showing me what was clearly printed on her VISA that she did need to register if her stay was > 180 days. It is just a simple procedure. So just get it done and avoid all the hassle at the airport.

i got my 1 year visa for my 2 month old baby who will be going to india,
the visa says that he will need to register within 14 days if the visa is for more than 180 days.
do i need to register him with frro within 14 days even if he stays for less than 180 days in india.

does registration apply for visitors less than 16 years of age ?
i thought one needs to register only if they stay more than 180 days.
thanks