• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

registration of DV lottery

aminetrap

Hi
i have a question and i want you to answer me please; i'm from algeria and i wanna join green card lottery and i have high school education and i didn't graduate to unversity but ihave stoped studyin in the final year of high school which is year 12 or grad 12 and the question is can i register or not ? if yes which option should i select in lottery registration: high school degree or high school no degree ? please answer me

If you didn’t complete high school, which in essence means you don’t have a high school Diploma, you do not meet the current educational requirements which makes you ineligible.

However, if you meet the work experience requirements then you’re still eligible regardless of not having a high school Diploma.

p.s. don’t duplicate same post over several threads in the forum. Post once and wait for members who feel inclined to respond to come along.

but ihave studied 12 years course, that doesn't count ?

No it doesn’t count if you did not graduate year 12. The instruction says:
“at least a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education”

You did not successfully complete 12 years of studies.

and how about this:
watch from 1:49

What she’s saying is not accurate, but listen to her and follow what she says if you like. I mean she even said one needed to be a “citizen” of eligible countries in order to apply which is NOT correct. That eligibility criteria is based on country of BIRTH and NOT citizenship!

ok thank's alot i'll see to it and do some more digging if not i'll stay in my country, but if you know some other option to have job or something in the us i'd be glad to hear it

and what about high school education they did mention it and i drop out high school too in the 12 grade

Just because you want it to be so doesn’t make it true. As mom has pointed out the rules clearly state “successful completion” (dropping out by definition is not successful completion). Actually the more detailed manual goes further and says that the high school education has to be enough by itself to gain entry to an American university - which clearly you wouldn’t fulfill without a high school diploma - the relevant part of the manual is copied below:

U) “At Least a High School Education or its Equivalent” Means Successful Completion of at least a:

(a) (U) Twelve-year course of elementary and secondary study in the United States; or

(b) (U) Formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of 12 years of elementary and secondary education in the United States. Because a United States high school education is sufficient in itself to qualify a student to apply for college admission, in order for a foreign education to be equivalent to a United States education, it should be sufficient to allow a student to apply for college admission without further education. Vocational degrees that are not considered a basis for further academic study will not be considered equivalent to United States high school education.

https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM050206.html

ok thank's alot i'll see to it and do some more digging if not i'll stay in my country, but if you know some other option to have job or something in the us i'd be glad to hear it
Unfortunately there are very few options for migrant workers with no formal educational qualifications; the main work visa types require university degrees. There are some temporary seasonal jobs usually available under H2B, but nothing permanent or that would enable you to convert to a green card.

Also please don’t duplicate posts to private message boxes, that’s still spam. This is the appropriate place to post the question, leave it at that.

well i think ihave the : (b) (U) Formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of 12 years .....
because i've studied 5 years in primary school and 4 in the middle school and 3 in high school and in the 3rd year of high school in our country we do an exam which is this year in order to graduate to university and ididn't so they drop me out because im old im 21 and because i repeated 3 times in past years.
so what do you think ?

well i think ihave the : (b) (U) Formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of 12 years .....
because i've studied 5 years in primary school and 4 in the middle school and 3 in high school and in the 3rd year of high school in our country we do an exam which is this year in order to graduate to university and ididn't so they drop me out because im old im 21 and because i repeated 3 times in past years.
so what do you think ?

What do I think? I think you are ignoring everything we say in favor of wishful thinking.

no im not, it just seems to you like that but you have to tell me if im wrong or not and how about that guy MichaelLH he got selected please tell me his story because he had the same isseu as i see

look at his post
He managed to convince them that he was eligible to enroll in a US college as required because he was already 3/4 of the way through a university degree. It was a risky approach, but he pulled it off. How much university do you have?

no im not, it just seems to you like that but you have to tell me if im wrong or not and how about that guy MichaelLH he got selected please tell me his story because he had the same isseu as i see

Why are you trying so hard to convince us you meet the requirements? We’re not the ones that will adjudicate your case if you end up being selected. You asked for our opinions, we provided your with what we consider pertinent and useful information, which you’re reluctant to accept because that’s not what you hoped to hear.

If you believe you meet the educational requirements, then:
Step1: Go ahead and submit an entry when the registration page opens up.
Step 2: GET SELECTED.
Step 3: Process your selection and convince the CO at your applicable US embassy you meet the educational requirements.

End of story!

ok shredded mom !
and i just wanted to confirm with you guys if im eligible or not that's all...mean no offens and iknow there's non taken but iwasted your time and im sorry for that and thank you. ;)