Regarding the EAD(A5)

Thanks for letting me know...my previous EAD valid till 2020(it’s actually OPT EAD) but usually people will get A5 EAD after asylum approved.....in couple weeks but for me I didn’t receive any EAD infact when I check online ZCH no. Online it is showing like decision was mailed I believe that’s nothing but my approval notice wich was received a month ago....anyway as per your situation right now it’s taking longer than usual.....I even saw the above processing time for A5 EAD online.....A63A3E0A-2538-4C41-A15D-7CC6040C6980.jpeg

Hello , I got my approval 1.5 month ago , I still didn’t receive my EAD , online it shows fees were waived and when I called Chicago asylum office they said it could take up to 2 months and they asked me to send them mail after the 2 months pass . My previous EAd still valid.
Did you receive your new EAD....??? What’s the online status showing

Did you receive your new EAD....??? What’s the online status showing
I contacted my asylum office after around 2.5 month from my approval date (by mail because in Chicago they don’t take any actions when you call or send email ) and after another week they sent me a letter telling me that they asked Nebraska office to produce my card , 2 Days later , I received it.

I contacted my asylum office after around 2.5 month from my approval date (by mail because in Chicago they don’t take any actions when you call or send email ) and after another week they sent me a letter telling me that they asked Nebraska office to produce my card , 2 Days later , I received it.
It’s been more than 5 months for me since i did my fingerprints but when I checked it online (my case status) it says 131 days! But it should be more! I know they never missed the days but do they have a different counting days (months) or what? I did it in Sep and in Feb it should be 5 months

It’s been more than 5 months for me since i did my fingerprints but when I checked it online (my case status) it says 131 days! But it should be more! I know they never missed the days but do they have a different counting days (months) or what? I did it in Sep and in Feb it should be 5 months
Actually when we applied for asylum years ago , there was no online counting, people used to count 150 Days after the receipt date and then send the application of EAD , I think you could do this and don’t care for the online counting , it’s not accurate.
You will send a copy of your receipt which has a date on it.

I contacted my asylum office after around 2.5 month from my approval date (by mail because in Chicago they don’t take any actions when you call or send email ) and after another week they sent me a letter telling me that they asked Nebraska office to produce my card , 2 Days later , I received it.[/QUOTE
Thank you....

Thanks for your reply.....did you even receive any letter as case received from the Nebraska service center before that .....because my status showing like they sent me notice explaining how the case will get processed but I didn’t receive any...

Thanks for your reply.....did you even receive any letter as case received from the Nebraska service center before that .....because my status showing like they sent me notice explaining how the case will get processed but I didn’t receive any...
My online status showed that the fees were waived and they sent a letter explaining how would they process my case , however I never received this letter, also my zip code on my asylum approval letter was wrong , so I put this information in my letter to the asylum office and they corrected it with Nebraska center.

My online status showed that the fees were waived and they sent a letter explaining how would they process my case , however I never received this letter, also my zip code on my asylum approval letter was wrong , so I put this information in my letter to the asylum office and they corrected it with Nebraska center.
Thank you somuch.....for your valuable information

Thanks for letting me know...my previous EAD valid till 2020(it’s actually OPT EAD) but usually people will get A5 EAD after asylum approved.....in couple weeks but for me I didn’t receive any EAD infact when I check online ZCH no. Online it is showing like decision was mailed I believe that’s nothing but my approval notice wich was received a month ago....anyway as per your situation right now it’s taking longer than usual.....I even saw the above processing time for A5 EAD online.....View attachment 963
Did you get i94 with your approval letter too?

I got my approval letter but no i94.

Hi guys!
How did you guys check your case status online? I put in my receipt number on USCIS case status, and it shows that there is an error. By the way, what's the receipt number? Is it the very first one when we apply for asylum? On my case, my case was granted by immigration judge, but government attorney reserved the right of appealing, but I didn't get any letter in 30 days. Now, it's been 3 months plus, and I didn't get either I-94 or EAD A-5? I also found that I am not able to make an infopass with USCIS. What can I do now? I went to two SSA office and hoped that I can get my unrestricted SSN card, but failed. I was told I need I94 and EAD A-5. Anyone can help me? Thank you in advance.

We contacted Nebraska service center....I got a letter saying like it appears that your EAD is still under process....did you get the same

Did you get your EAD? My Asylum was approved a month ago, and I just got a letter to go for biometrics for my EAD, even though I had not applied for one.

My lawyer said after approval for asylum, I should apply for EAD and they don't automatically send my EAD to me. Is that right?

My lawyer said after approval for asylum, I should apply for EAD and they don't automatically send my EAD to me. Is that right?

I did not apply for one. I just got a letter telling me to go for biometrics for my EAD application. It seems they will send you an EAD after you are approved and you do not need to apply for it.

I did not apply for one. I just got a letter telling me to go for biometrics for my EAD application. It seems they will send you an EAD after you are approved and you do not need to apply for it.
How long after your approval you have received your EAD?

Just an update:

My case status has updated to the card being produced but no letter regarding biometrics came to me.

I think I will get my EAD card based granted asylum next week.

Just an update:

My case status has updated to the card being produced but no letter regarding biometrics came to me.

I think I will get my EAD card based granted asylum next week.
If your first biometrics still valid, you will not be asked for new biometrics. New Biometrics notices is required if your previous one expired.