Refund of Social Security

Riaz366

Registered Users (C)
I am unclear about tax return, last year me and my wife stayed in USA 365 days with TN, should i file 1040NR or 1040.

My concern is SS deducted from my pay check, is there any possibility to get it back, any advise

Last edited by a moderator:

You don;t get SS back, it's a tax. If you work a second year in US, you will get some SS when you retire.

I am unclear about tax return, last year me and my wife stayed in USA 365 days with TN, should i file 1040NR or 1040.

My concern is SS deducted from my pay check, is there any possibility to get it back, any advise

yes, u can get the money u paid to Social security back. U can try to get it back thru ur employee or you just turn in the paperwork urself to social security and they refund you whatever u paid since u are not permanent resident or US citizen.

Since you were clearly residents, you will file 1040.

No, you can't get your SS contributions back. Read this link on the Social Security Administration's site.

yes, u can get the money u paid to Social security back. U can try to get it back thru ur employee or you just turn in the paperwork urself to social security and they refund you whatever u paid since u are not permanent resident or US citizen.

Really? Love to see someone actually succeed in getting SS monies back..... :p