Refugee Travel Document I-131 Experience?

toratoraben

Hey Guys,

I applied I-131 (Green card holder, asylum based here) back in May, it's been almost 7 months and my case has not had any update/approval yet.

Is this normal? People who have applied for I-131, how long did it take you to get your documents?

Hey Guys,

I applied I-131 (Green card holder, asylum based here) back in May, it's been almost 7 months and my case has not had any update/approval yet.

Is this normal? People who have applied for I-131, how long did it take you to get your documents?
I called National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. I was transferred to Tier 2 immigration officer. The officer said that the service request query I made on November about my Travel document is still within processing times. It takes 4-5 months to get that RTD processed especially with holidays it may be another 2 months [Febuary 2017] to get that backlogs moving.

This is not normal. I've applied twice. The first time it took 4 months and the second took just 2. Once they have your information it should be a lot faster. Definitely not 7 months. It appears (from your phone conversation) that they're having backlogs. Unfortunately there's not much you can do but wait.

This is not normal. I've applied twice. The first time it took 4 months and the second took just 2. Once they have your information it should be a lot faster. Definitely not 7 months. It appears (from your phone conversation) that they're having backlogs. Unfortunately there's not much you can do but wait.

I am still surprised

Does anyone have any Update on how long it takes to get a RTD recently , I have been waiting for 7 months, I lost my dad in August 2016 and Lost another 2 weeks trip to Mexico. Expedite and SR never helped,. I think 7 months its a little too much for just a RTD based on approved asylum that tok 4 years to be approved.

*RTD aka USCIS Travel Document

Does anyone have any Update on how long it takes to get a RTD recently , I have been waiting for 7 months, I lost my dad in August 2016 and Lost another 2 weeks trip to Mexico. Expedite and SR never helped,. I think 7 months its a little too much for just a RTD based on approved asylum that tok 4 years to be approved.

*RTD aka USCIS Travel Document

i have applied for RTD 3 times, the most recent one just a couple weeks ago (obviously still waiting on it). First time applications are usually slow and it took ~6 months for me. My second application was like a breeze - approved and received it in the mail in ~2 months.

RTD doesn't strike me as something hard to approve. It definitely does not make any sense to wait 7 months. You have at least 2 options:
1) submit a case inquiry
2) write your Senator/Congressman and let them investigate on your behalf. You don't need to pay for this service

Let me know if you have any questions.

i have applied for RTD 3 times, the most recent one just a couple weeks ago (obviously still waiting on it). First time applications are usually slow and it took ~6 months for me. My second application was like a breeze - approved and received it in the mail in ~2 months.

RTD doesn't strike me as something hard to approve. It definitely does not make any sense to wait 7 months. You have at least 2 options:
1) submit a case inquiry
2) write your Senator/Congressman and let them investigate on your behalf. You don't need to pay for this service

Let me know if you have any questions.
8 months and no update, I guess USCIS is not willing to provide that Document

Mine was submitted from August and I'm a GC holder through Asylum. I've been on calls, ombudsman, emails. They finally updated mine to Name was updated; what does that even means?

Case was approved a week a ago. got approval notice on mail and it changed to 'document was mailed to me' 2 days ago. Still waiting to get the document.
Congrats. I haven't received my approval but hey did say they mailed it to me yesterday. I'm thankful but now I have summer class so I can't even go on vacation with my wife. I know it last for a year, does anyone know when the year starts from? Is it from the date they approve it?
For example, if it was approved, April 13, 2017, the expiration will be April 12, 2018.

If it was approved on April 13, 2017, the expiration will always on the 365th day. Making it April 13th midnight