referred to imm judge

salonichand

Registered Users (C)
hi, i had an interview with asylum officer who has referred me to immigartion judge next month further. so, would i be interviewed by immigration judge or govt attorney? do my lawyer have any role on the hearing day or its particularly tht i will b questioned. how do i prepare myself for tht day.plz advise, wud the imm judge be having all info tht asylum officr had interviewd me ? how long will it take to get the status/result of hearing?

that means you are now in removal processding ie theywant you out of the us

talk to your lawyer , the judge and the gov lawyer will questions you
talk to your lawyer at once

Don't worry you'd be fine !!!

hi, i had an interview with asylum officer who has referred me to immigartion judge next month further. so, would i be interviewed by immigration judge or govt attorney? do my lawyer have any role on the hearing day or its particularly tht i will b questioned. how do i prepare myself for tht day.plz advise, wud the imm judge be having all info tht asylum officr had interviewd me ? how long will it take to get the status/result of hearing?

Don't worry, that's very normal. When I had mine back in 1996 with the asylum officer my attorney suggested me not to be upset if denied cause that's not very unlikely. Now you will face immigration judge along with immigration attorney & you & your attorney. Just make sure your attorney place the case in good order. His or her presentation makes a big difference in your case. Also consult with your attorney how you must answer all those questions that you'd be asked by your attorney along with the immigration attorney or the judge. If the judge is pleased he/she will approve your claim & you are free to go.
Good luck.
Atique.

dont worry

i was denied asylum first time by the immigration officer, i was referred to
immigration judge,

i did 3 hearings, it lasted 2 years unfortunatley,

at the end i was denied again by the immigration judge,

i appealed my case to the court of appeals, my appeal lasted another
2 years,

finally, bingo my case was approved a i was granted asylum by the court of appeals,

keep fighting, never give up
good luck to you

Yes the judge will have pretty much everything the asylum officer had pertaining to you. You will be questioned by both the judge and the ICE attorney.

hi, i went to IJ who hv gvn me a date for master hearing smwhr in april'09..is that called a final hearing or r thre sm more hearings after the master hearing? Initially, IO has retained certain original docs of mine for verification & my lawyer reminded about the docs to IJ also.....so...
1. when can i get my original docs back?
2. in the referral letter, it states tht i can apply fr work authorisation after 150 days whereas lawyer said u can apply aft 180 days, can u clarify it plz, if work authorisation is gvn for how long will tht b valid?

here is my experience..
On Master hearing, i got the date of individual hearing (final interview).
EAD was one year and free. hope this help..

thanks a lot John, i got encouragement with ur reply. now i m frustrated cos i searched the details n found out abt my IJ who denies most of cases & percentage is very high. Now i m scared to face in final hearing thinking abt the denial rate. Any idea how long it takes to get the decision frm IJ if case is denied? Also can u tell abt the chances of appeal, if i file an appeal how is the success rate if any idea...

thanks a lot John, i got encouragement with ur reply. now i m frustrated cos i searched the details n found out abt my IJ who denies most of cases & percentage is very high. Now i m scared to face in final hearing thinking abt the denial rate. Any idea how long it takes to get the decision frm IJ if case is denied? Also can u tell abt the chances of appeal, if i file an appeal how is the success rate if any idea...

i had the same situation as you, my IJ was the worst in NY, his denial rate was around 90%, his name is judge HUM as i remember, i knew i will get denied by him, i got the denial at the end of the last interview, i was not surprised,
i decided to appeal my case to the EOIR, my appeal lasted 2 years,
i was lucky to get asylum granted by the EOIR

I was in chigaco and the judge denial 52%. I was so worry at the times. But fortunately i got the asylum but DHS attorney appeal my case and wait for 1 and half years. Be strong man. it will be ok. and Good Luck!!!!!

Down

can anybody help me how to face interview with IJ & DHS Attor? INcase of denial at d final hearing, do we hv to appeal there & then or some time is gvn to file an apeal? In case of denial, do they issue deportation or gv some time to be deported coz i heard tht in case of denial they geneally deport the person after taking in their custody uptil airport to respective countries, is this so?