• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Reference letters for CP interview?

dv2007us

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone ever submitted reference letters as part of their supporting documentation for a CP interview? If I have reference letters from people of significant stature (e.g. Nobel Laureates) who support my application for permanent residency then submitting them with my other documentation during my CP interview shouldn't be a problem, should it?

the consular officer barely has time to look at the required documents... if you want to include something that is not needed or asked for, be my guest.

Hello,

Thank God for this forum which provides useful info. Pls I need someone to explain this case no palaver to me. Is the case not being treated on first come first serve basis? if not, should people with case nos above 50000 expect no interview then? Pls help.

Hello,

Thank God for this forum which provides useful info. Pls I need someone to explain this case no palaver to me. Is the case not being treated on first come first serve basis? if not, should people with case nos above 50000 expect no interview then? Pls help.

The short answer is no. Just because you have a big case No does not immediately mean you wont get an interview/GC. I have posted loads of stats info on this area, and if you look over some of my posts you will see that its actually a complicated situation. Now what you will figure out as you do more research on the DV, is that what went on the year before can be a good indication of what to expect for the next one. Of course you will not be able to rely on that 100% but it’s about all you will have to go on!
So to answer your question using this year (DV-2007) as an illustration:

If your case number was above 50,000 and you were not from:

Egypt
Ethiopia
Nigeria

Then there is a good chance you may have gotten a second interview. Of course this in its self is still is still not a guaranteed CG. There are so many things that can go wrong and hold up your case. Obviously the lower your case number the quicker your interview the more time you have to deal with hold ups the better your chances.
I would advise you to read back over the board, it may take you a few weeks to cover all the threads and posts but if you want to understand the whole process then this is the place to educate your self.
I have one of the highest case numbers in the EU and I am keeping positive!! :)

Dear,
My case number is 2008EU000005..I have got an affidavit of support on june 28, 2008 (for dv 2008), Do you know the end date of the affidavit off the support?

I'v got also a job offer paper notoced by notar (approved by authority- Notar)

Do I need to have cash or banc account?
Thanks for respond