Recording Now Available for Feb 21 Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
some queries about GC

Hi Rajiv,
I have filed my i-140 in dec 07 still waiting for its approval, my questions are
. once in get i-140 approval do i wait till PD becomes current and file for i-485?
. can i file for i-765(EAD) after i-140 approval or i have to wait till PD becomes current and then file for both concurrently.
. any ideas when PD can become current or the PD turning to Dec 2007 (i mean how many years would be maximum time i would be stuck to my employee) ?
. can i leave him/her after 180 days of i-485 approval or is it possible to leave him before that?

Thanks in advance

will i be denied a visa because of my deffered ajudication

hi rajiv,
thanks a lot for your service to the community.
my situation is, i was arrested for shoplifitng offcense in texas and was charged with a class B misdeamor and im on deffered ajudication right now. i am feelign so shameful about what i did. i am currently on L2 dependent visa , and it is expiring this november' 08. my husband's company takes care of our visa processes. they have currrently applied for my husband's visa and the papers have been sent to the consulate i guess. and it seems once he gets his visa, then they will send my papers for extension .
im on probation right now and the probation officer said if i get all the work done by the court and do my community service hours, i can apply for early release by july'08.
now my question is,

---> will there be a problem in getting my visa when i am on deffered ajudication and eventhough this is my first time offcense?
---> will this incident of mine, be of trouble for my husbands employement. becasue when his company HR comes to know ofthis will this be of trouble to him?( he was however not there with me when the incident happened)
--->when i check in the box for arrest in the visa form, and when his company HR ask us about the reason, what is that i should be telling them? will it suffice if i tell them that i was on deffered sentence and not convicted??
--->will it really matter that the case be dismissed by the time i send my papers for extension or does it evenmore complicate the problem if i am on probation during the time i send the papers for extension?

i would be so thankful to you if you could guide me with your valuable answers.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.