Recording Available, October 15, Community Conference Call with Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for helping the community with your answers,

My H1B will max out (This is my last year on H1B) on 8th November 2015 and my labor was filed in May 2015, since we are not sure if i will get 140 approval before November, I am planning to change my status to F2 and My Wife status to F1.My wife already got the Admission at University of Harrisburg and also received her I20. As i understand , the University classes should begin before my H1B max out time and in our case my Wife's classes will start on Oct 30th.
So i want to know my options here, whether both of us should apply for the change of status together at a time or should i file her status change first and up on the receiving her status change receipt should i proceed with mine.
Please suggest the best option based on our case and circumstances and will do accordingly.

Rajiv Ji,

My wife works for a Non-Profit Company (A) and she is on H1B (quota exempt). The Company-A is being acquired by a For Profit Company (B) effective Nov 2015. The new company-B says that they will apply for new H1B (in quota) in April 2016. What happens if my wife's application does not get picked up?
I appreciate your help and expertise.

Sincerely,
Gokul

Status
Not open for further replies.