Recieved P3 today

P3 I received has barcode, indicating your case number, I am not sure

they would put par code on the envelop.

just send what they ask.

It may depend on case to case basis, in my case I had to send Visa fee and Ds230 1 for each applicant.

During processing they might ask for more, else if satsfied, our file goes to consulate.

hope that helps,
kms

kms qucik question

kms, did you hand fill the ds 230 part1?
I am still holding the form, pls reply.
Would it be harmfull if I hand fill it?
Thanks for your input

Can anyone help ....

I got my P3 last october (and am still holding on to it). At that time went over the procedure of sending the docs to chennai counsulate. Since I would be going to AP next week (and will get married), I was going over the process again and noticed 2 differences:
(1) PCC is required. Can I get it in HYD regional PPO or should I get in NY indian counsulate ? How do I do it any what acutually they give me.
(2) What is the new process of sending DS230 to St.Louis.
Please, can anyone shed more light on it..
TIA.

I hand filled and my attorney filled thru software.

It doesn\'t matter for NVC, as long as they interpret your info properly. you would type if you need the info interpreted correctly.

my 2 cents
kms

Receiced Packet 3 Today !!

I recived Packet 3 Today, It seems the form needs my signature,. So attorney said he is going to mail it to me..

where to specify india address in DS 230??

all, i need some help here.. where do i specify my india address in form ds-230 part 1. also, are we still going to get packet 4 from consulate in india or is it going to be from NVC??
thanks,
SK2

I did not see any column for Indian Address!!! and Packet 3 details..!!!

I asked one of my friend, who completed his CP, he told me that after sending Packet 3 to Chennai(Earlier Process), he requested the US Consulate to send Packet 4 to his indian address through e-mail.

In my Packet 3, they are not asking any originals. But there is a Bar Coded Paper asking us to arrange that Paper after the Cashier Check, it says otherwise your process may get delayed !!They have also sent a some papers saying what all the originals I should collect for interview.

Arrangement of Papers for Packet 3
1. Cashier Check -in favour of Department of State
2. Barcoded Paper( on that your case no.,all applicants name and total
   amount which you should pay will be there)
3. Completed Visa Application DS 230 Part 1 for each applicant
4. Any additional documents requested( In my case they haven\'t asked anything else)

Hope this will solve all of our confusions..

packet 3 help

form ds230 part1 where do i include my india address?
please post info if you have filed packet3 with St. Louis office..
thanks,

I checked with the old DS 230 form(OF 230) for Address

There in the old form they were not asking about the US address i.e, column 10. But in the new form DS 230 they are specifically asking about the address in US at column 10..

I believe we may receive the Packet 4 in US by NVC itself or we can call respective US embassies and ask them to send the Packet 4 to our Indian address.

thanks dodda100

also, my wife left for india to attend few family events.. can she stay in india till my interview is scheduled? by the way, i am yet to receive packet3(or whatever its called these days) from NVC.
sk2

Your wife should sign DS 230 part 1 and

you have to get PCC for your wife also from an Indian embassy or RPO in India..

Two Qs

Guys I have 3 question about pkt 3:
1) How much time NVC takes to send pkt3?
2) If we take PCC from consulate (IN USA) then do we need to take from Inda as well.
3) Do we need to include PCC with pkt 3 to St. Louis.

Thanks in advance.

WATCHTSC

Here is watchTSC

1) How much time NVC takes to send pkt3?
No body knows under new procedures.

2) If we take PCC from consulate (IN USA) then do we need to take from Inda as well.
No only from Consulate/Embassy in your jusrisdiction in USA

3) Do we need to include PCC with pkt 3 to St. Louis.
NO