Recent Biometrics Notices

MA_Labor

Registered Users (C)
Seems like lot of us are getting these notices lately. I got mine (Code 1) for May 10 in Boston MA.

Please post your's here.

MA did you get the notice or did it go to your attorney

and secondly, is there a provision to postpone the appointment or will they accept if you go early.

thanks

Count me

485 moved from VSC to TSC
Biometric for Code 3 on May 4, 2007
EB3 India/PD jul 2002
FP- completed twice previously. More than 15 months...
I-485 filed--- Dec 2002

me too. code 1 biometrics scheduled for 5/8/07. Code 3 done exactly 2 years back in 04/05.

EB3/India
PD: AUG 01

We too got biometric notices

Recently I and my husband got biometric code 1.
It was 4rd time for my husband (this time he waited exactly 15 months) and it was third biometrics for me (more than 24 months wait for this code 1)

I THINK that we should expect some more movement in PD dates soon!!!
--------------------------------------
EB3 ROW
PD Oct 2003

me too. code 1 biometrics scheduled for 5/8/07. Code 3 done exactly 2 years back in 04/05.

EB3/India

PD of Aug 2001... 6 years of wait time .. I hope that this biometrics brings in some very happy news for you.

and secondly, is there a provision to postpone the appointment or will they accept if you go early.

thanks
On the fingerprint subforum on this site they say sometimes they will accept you before your date (or even a few days late) if you walk in and ask for it. Of course, they can always decide to turn you away.

thanks nTan,

i don't think this biometric notice has anything to do with good news. its just some guy waking up from deep slumber realising he had to do this a few months back. i am guessing with my pd of aug 01 from eb3/india, there is nothing in the horizon for atleast another year.

EB3/India

They're really sending out a barrage of fingerprint notices. Seems like everybody whose FP is older than 15 months is getting an appointment for May. I have one for this Friday.

They're really sending out a barrage of fingerprint notices. Seems like everybody whose FP is older than 15 months is getting an appointment for May. I have one for this Friday.

does anyone know the diff. between code 1 and code 3 fp. 2 yrs back myself and spouse did code 3 fp but this time we have code 1.
Also i have another question. i have 2 kids below 5 yrs and were born in US. Do they also need to be fingerprinted.

thanks

Actually both. My attorney sent me an email saying that they got the notice, and there was another one in my mailbox when I got home.

On the fingerprint subforum on this site they say sometimes they will accept you before your date (or even a few days late) if you walk in and ask for it. Of course, they can always decide to turn you away.

I can vouch for that. We did it for our previous FP appointment. But they only allow that on Saturdays.

Yesterday myself and my spouse got code 1 FP notice. This is the second notice after 25 months. I have an appointment on May 10 in Boston.

Difference between FP codes ..

FP notices usually have 3 types of codes. Code 1, Code 2 and Code 3. Here is what they mean -

Code 1 - FP of ten fingers.

Code 2 - FP of index finger, digital photo and signature.

Code 3 - FP of ten fingers, FP of index finger, digital photo and signature.

Code 3 is a rather recent devleopment. Once a code 3 FP is complete the physical GC can be mailed out without having the PP stamped first. During PP stamping they take a picture and FP of the index finger. This is necessary for the physical card. Now that this is done during the Code 3 FP process the GC can be mailed to the applicant without waiting for the PP stamping. Lately most people have been getting Code 3 FP notices but there are still a lot of Code 1 and Code 2 FP notices out there.

Hope this information helps.

regards,

saras

My PD is June 2005, I-485 applied in Sep 2005, I got the code-1 FP notice for next week.

Can I get information about the name check status while giving the finger prints at ASC?

Thanks

FP notices usually have 3 types of codes. Code 1, Code 2 and Code 3. Here is what they mean -

Code 1 - FP of ten fingers.

Code 2 - FP of index finger, digital photo and signature.

Code 3 - FP of ten fingers, FP of index finger, digital photo and signature.

Code 3 is a rather recent devleopment. Once a code 3 FP is complete the physical GC can be mailed out without having the PP stamped first. During PP stamping they take a picture and FP of the index finger. This is necessary for the physical card. Now that this is done during the Code 3 FP process the GC can be mailed to the applicant without waiting for the PP stamping. Lately most people have been getting Code 3 FP notices but there are still a lot of Code 1 and Code 2 FP notices out there.

Hope this information helps.

regards,

saras

Count me

485 moved from VSC to TSC
Biometric for Code 3 on May 10, 2007
EB3 India/PD Feb 2002
FP- completed previously. More than 25 months...

Namecheck

My PD is June 2005, I-485 applied in Sep 2005, I got the code-1 FP notice for next week.

Can I get information about the name check status while giving the finger prints at ASC?

Thanks

Stillalive,

FPs are usually taken in a separate location than the local office. You cannot get the update while giving your FP. Some people have had some luck by going to the local office and inquiring at the counter there. You can also inquire through your local Congressmans office.

cheers,

saras