Received Wife IL but not mine

adilanis

Registered Users (C)
Last evening, I received my wife IL but not mine. Is it normal? is this possible mine is still in name check? our both case status changed to "Sent for Standard Interview" on August 25th.

Comments?

If yours says "sent for standard interview" then you should be getting it any time now. It is probably a US mail delay.

Last evening, I received my wife IL but not mine. Is it normal? is this possible mine is still in name check? our both case status changed to "Sent for Standard Interview" on August 25th.

Comments?

Speak with an IO to find out the status of your IL.

Bobsmyth,
thanks for your reply. you mean by calling USCIS customer service? the case has transffered to Local Do (Houston). Not sure how to contact them.

Regards,

Bobsmyth,
thanks for your reply. you mean by calling USCIS customer service? the case has transffered to Local Do (Houston). Not sure how to contact them.

Regards,

Yes, by calling the USCIS 1-800 number and using one of several methods to get to a 2nd level agent (IO). The 1st level agent won't be able to tell you the status as only the 2nd level IO has access to that part of system.

This is not always the case though. I tried finding mine too, but the I/O told me he can't inform me because he has no access to my local DO database.
I hope this help.
Cheers

Did you talk to an IO or an customer rep? If it was indeed an IO, I suggest you call back again and speak with another IO as they can easily verify that information in their system.

Yep if you call the customer service all they are going to tell you is that is was SENT FOR INTERVIEW to the local DO same thing you see on your status online so it is a waste of time, unless you don't get it in a few days then you might try to call with that excuse, that you haven't received it but I don't think you are going to get much info. Like I said It might be a US mail delay =)

Yes, by calling the USCIS 1-800 number and using one of several methods to get to a 2nd level agent (IO). The 1st level agent won't be able to tell you the status as only the 2nd level IO has access to that part of system.

If you can't be able to reach USCIS, try to set up the INFOPASS appointment.

what are the option numbers we have choose to talk to IO
There aren't any options to reach an IO..you have to talk to a rep first (option 1-2-3) since they have ability to transfer you to an IO depending on what you say/how you ask.

Did you talk to an IO or an customer rep? If it was indeed an IO, I suggest you call back again and speak with another IO as they can easily verify that information in their system.

As a matter of facts I did talk to a 2nd level IO. He mentoned that if your local does not update your records or the system, it's impossible for them to find out about your ID. I guess it would be best to schedule an infopass.

Question for everyone else, since getting,"send for standard Interview", have your LUD in case online been updating daily? Mine has been until yesterday. Wonder if this is a normal behavior.
Thanks

Mine hasn't updated at all since application date. Sure you (OP) will get your IL soon, just give it another couple of days...

Comments?

I would recommend waiting at least a couple more days before taking any action. Most likely you should receive it the day after.

The YL for me and my spouse reached us a day apart although they were mailed on the same date (ND). Just USPS delay I suppose.

Day 2: Still not received my IL letter

I still didnt receive my IL letter. my wife got it on monday (8/31). As most of you suggested, i will wait for this week and then take info pass to findout.

I am hoping my name check is completed becuase both of me and my wife case status is "sent for standard interview".

just fyi: I am from pakistan and my wife is from india:)

As a matter of facts I did talk to a 2nd level IO. He mentoned that if your local does not update your records or the system, it's impossible for them to find out about your ID. I guess it would be best to schedule an infopass.

Question for everyone else, since getting,"send for standard Interview", have your LUD in case online been updating daily? Mine has been until yesterday. Wonder if this is a normal behavior.
Thanks

Try speaking with another IO as I and others have been told by IO over the phone when/if interview letter was sent out.

Got hold of IO

Thanks bob,

I got hold of IO and he told me my interview letter was also sent on 27th august. He also told me to about the interview date and time.

Still didnt receive it. hopefully in day or two.

If not, I think I should go to infopass .. ideas?

If you can get a copy of that letter with the info pass, you should! I bet is the mail lady messing up with you HAHAHAA! be nice to her!

Some issue here also , I have recieved my two days back , where as my wife didn't receive at same day. we checked our mail box today , she has received it tiday. both of them mailed on 27 aug . you will get in day or two for sure

Thanks bob,

I got hold of IO and he told me my interview letter was also sent on 27th august. He also told me to about the interview date and time.

Still didnt receive it. hopefully in day or two.

If not, I think I should go to infopass .. ideas?

Give it until the end of this week..if you don't get it by this Saturday, schedule an Infopass for next week. Better yet, schedule an Infopass now for early next week and cancel it if you get your IL by Saturday.