Received the 3rd FP notice

nc3years

Registered Users (C)
We just received FP notice for our family. It is code 1. This is our 3rd FP. The last one was in Oct 2005, code 3. There are no LUDs regarding the FP notice. I am wondering if they sent FP because our name check is cleared or just because the old FP is expired. I know my name check is pending as of Janauary while my husband's is cleared probably long time ago. Any inputs?

Hi nc3years,

Congratulations! Your case is very similar to mine. Based on my personal experience and other information I found from this forum, your name check has been cleared.
-----------------------------------------

PD : 11/16/2001
EB2 Original Labor, CSC
I140/I485/AP/EAD: RD - July 27, 2004
I140/I485/AP/EAD: ND - Aug 02 2004
AP Approved - Aug 23 2004
EAD Approved - Aug 24 2004
1st FP Received - Sep 02 2004
1st FP appointment date - Oct 15 2004
1st FP done - Oct 15 2004
1st FP received message - Oct 20 2004
140 AD : 04/11/2005

2nd FP appointment: 10/27/2005
2nd FP done : 09/28/2005

3rd FP appointment: 01/24/2007
3rd FP done : 01/17/2007

485 AD : ?
-----------------------------------------

We just received FP notice for our family. It is code 1. This is our 3rd FP. The last one was in Oct 2005, code 3. There are no LUDs regarding the FP notice. I am wondering if they sent FP because our name check is cleared or just because the old FP is expired. I know my name check is pending as of Janauary while my husband's is cleared probably long time ago. Any inputs?

The FP is in March. I make infopass in January and found out my name check was pending.

i had an infopass last week and my name check is pending. i asked if i get another fp notice soon since it is now 15 months since the last one. the lasy told me that since namecheck is taking so long these days, we dont issue new fp notices until everything is in order for approval. so in your case, if they do what they say, your namecheck can be approved.

hope this is the case

i had an infopass last week and my name check is pending. i asked if i get another fp notice soon since it is now 15 months since the last one. the lasy told me that since namecheck is taking so long these days, we dont issue new fp notices until everything is in order for approval. so in your case, if they do what they say, your namecheck can be approved.

hope this is the case

I dont know about that. I recd 3rd FP notices right after my attorney made an enquiry .This waS in December. So it made me "hopeful" but then I recd an answer to that enquiry in January that they were still "awaiting results on my Back ground check".
I dont know what to make of it.
My only logical deduction is that they wanted to run my FP's before I got my EAd approval, since I havnt heard from the local office( case stuck there since 2004 after interview) after I did my 3rd Fp code1 in december

Thanks, h1ca, shahramt and Al_aos. I really hope our name checks are cleared. However, after went through so much of name check, I am afraid to get my hope up too high.:eek:

I hate to be a spoiler in the party.

My attorney yesterday mailed me that they received ASC Appointment notices for March 9th at 8:00 AM -- I was not sure what this notice is for, I searched this website and came to know that it is for biometrics. So I called the 1800 number to check if my name check was cleared I was connected to the immigration officer, he informed me that my name check was still pending.

I still hope the immigration officer is wrong at one point he mentioned that the application status is "Under review" and that is all the information he had.

This really sucks

Why would they ask you to come for Biometrics. Did you apply for a EAD renewal or something.
IF your FP's are valid and you didnt apply for an EAD and they still want your biometrics then it could only be for the GC.
Maybe I am wrong you seem better placed than all of us.

Received 2nd FP Notice yesterday. My last FP was in Oct 15th 2005 which will be expired on April 15th 2007 => similar to yours. I am sure my namecheck is not cleared, I talked to immigration officer a week back. This is some kind of cleanup going on at CSC.

Raj.

Another party spoiler. I had my second FP in Dec 06. Nothing happned. More importantly I made the infopass trip late Jan or early Feb 07, namecheck is still pending.

hope this is the case

Why would they ask you to come for Biometrics. Did you apply for a EAD renewal or something.
IF your FP's are valid and you didnt apply for an EAD and they still want your biometrics then it could only be for the GC.
Maybe I am wrong you seem better placed than all of us.

Well I don't think there is any pattern by which USCIS goes. No I did not apply for the EAD renewal . My last fingerprints were taken in September 2005 and my notice is for Mar 9 -- that makes it little more than 15 months.

I am still hoping for something good !. But looking at all the people that have got FP notices lately makes me think it is a mass thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I will be another spoiler even though I was one of the starters of the party. My 2nd FP was taken, as many of you, in Oct 2005 when the big LUD wave took place. So I'd rather believe it is not gona make difference this time either.

How long are the fingerprints valid for? I had mine done in Oct 2005 too and I was told that they expired.

Yes. NC cleared. I followed up with my congressperson for almost two years and finally it got cleared. They said my FP expired and I will receive FP notice when ASC has openings. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to send out the notice?

You should receive it at most 2 weeks from now.
Yes. NC cleared. I followed up with my congressperson for almost two years and finally it got cleared. They said my FP expired and I will receive FP notice when ASC has openings. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to send out the notice?

You should receive it at most 2 weeks from now.

Thanks h1ca! So after I finish my FP, I pretty much just wait for them to approve? They only said that the case will be processed after I do my FP again. Is that the same as saying "you case will be approved after that"? Do we know how long takes for them to approve a case after FP?

You are almost there. Congratulations.

My family and I just came back from ASC for our 3rd FP, Code 1. Maybe there is another long wait ahead of us with no end in sight.