Received objection from Ministry of HRD: please advice

AmyShri

Hi
I submitted my NORI application to HRD, New Delhi and they recently updated my status as "Objection".

1623861911499.png

Initially I uploaded the DS2019 form. I am not sure what happened. Any advice on how to proceed. I am a bit worried about the NORI. Does objection means they will reject it?

Thanks, Jack.

I think because of COVID, these things are getting very difficult.

I have another question too. I have to tell a little bit about me.

My very first DS2019 start date is July 2, 2018 (I came to US in July 18, 2018). I believe J1 can be used for 5 years.

The reason for my application to J1 waiver is to apply for green card through marriage. I married to an US citizen in 2020.

My current DS-2019 form is valid till 2022 (Mar).

Because of covid, postal services were down in India and I couldn't send the Biodata and affidavit attested by the NewYork consulate to Home dept and passport office. I am planning to send this week via, post.

So, my question is-

If I don't get my waiver on time, can I extend my J1 visa next year with my current university?

Please insist on speaking to the Joint Secretarty for the resolution. If you are not satisfied please follow up with a legal representation in Delhi. Unless they have court directives in some cases they choose to go no feedback route indifinitely.

Thanks and kindly post names and contact information of the officers (who issued the NOC) as I am still waiting for mine :)-))

Was it straight forward and timely with no issues (you just had download the letter from the portal?)
Is the officer's name printed on the letter? (Section Officer / Joint Secretary)

In total, it took 3 months. They notified me via email, later I downloaded from the portal.

Yes the officer’s name was on the letter. But I am sorry, I don’t want to give away names or any details here. I hope the number I have given, should respond your call.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
Thanks.

Hi
I submitted my NORI application to HRD, New Delhi and they recently updated my status as "Objection".

View attachment 2662

Initially I uploaded the DS2019 form. I am not sure what happened. Any advice on how to proceed. I am a bit worried about the NORI. Does objection means they will reject it?
Even my status says Objection. They say I need to fill all columns in affidavit and biodata. Also my DS-2019 not uploaded? Please help how to contact them and how to resolve this issue.

I think you might have left some columns blank in the bio data and affidavit. Each and every column must be filled. Even if it doesn’t apply to you, you have to write “not applicable”.
I am assuming you already attested and notarized the forms from the consulate.

I am not sure if you can fill those columns now and probably have to do the whole process again. But it’s just my speculation. I might be wrong.
I recommend two things.

1. Write an email to PRAMIT, helpline of
consulate and get an opinion. They’re very prompt and would answer in 2-3 days.

2. Try to call MHRD and try talking to someone and seek advice on what to do with the existing application.

Also, once this is fixed, please upload all the ds2019 forms.

Hi, Thanks. It’s right we need to fill all the columns, and write NA or NIL.

I may post it as it is to Passport office and Home department.

I wrote an email to Indian consulate Chicago about this issue. They asked me to fill the affidavit and biodata (1 each).

I filled the forms again and took it to the Indian Consulate Chicago with the money order and got it signed.
I will scan and upload it again with my DS-2019.
Will let you know the response from MHRD.

I may post it as it is to Passport office and Home department without any corrections.

Alright. Good luck with that process.

Just wanted to give you a heads up on home and passport submissions.

Please make sure that you keep following up your application. They can be very slow especially because of pandemic. I actually sent my applications to my parents and requested them to submit it to the respective offices.
If you have any friends or family, please submit it through them and make sure you have an submission or application number so that you can track them later.

Thank you. My NORI from MHRD has been issued.

Now I will submit to home department and Passport office.

Will post here, once it’s get approved.

Hi all,

I just received an email from MHRD with the message that my Application status was updated to "Objection". I've tried logging into the NORI portal to access my profile so I could see why I got the objection, but the site now says "critical error" and doesn't allow me to log in.

From what some of you have said in this thread, it sounds like all of the fields in the affidavit/biodata should have been filled with "N/A" instead of being left blank, and I had left some fields blank after indicating near the numbered point that it was not applicable. But just to make sure that this is the problem, does anyone know a valid email to reach MHRD? Does the number 011-261-729-32 still work for me to contact?

Would it be a good idea to contact the Houston consulate (the CGI assigned for NE) to see if they can re-issue one copy of the attested biodata and affidavit so that I can re-upload the documents to the MHRD portal?

Any help or guidance is appreciated,
Thank you

Hi all,

I just received an email from MHRD with the message that my Application status was updated to "Objection". I've tried logging into the NORI portal to access my profile so I could see why I got the objection, but the site now says "critical error" and doesn't allow me to log in.

From what some of you have said in this thread, it sounds like all of the fields in the affidavit/biodata should have been filled with "N/A" instead of being left blank, and I had left some fields blank after indicating near the numbered point that it was not applicable. But just to make sure that this is the problem, does anyone know a valid email to reach MHRD? Does the number 011-261-729-32 still work for me to contact?

Would it be a good idea to contact the Houston consulate (the CGI assigned for NE) to see if they can re-issue one copy of the attested biodata and affidavit so that I can re-upload the documents to the MHRD portal?

Any help or guidance is appreciated,
Thank you
Hi All,
I have also received the same email that the Application status was updated to "Objection" and had an error when trying to log in to the NORI portal. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Narender.

Hi All,
Just in case somebody has the same NORI status from MHRD as mine. Please do not panic. Something might be missing, as mentioned above in the discussion. Now, I have access to my account. In my case, few places are left blank in the affidavit, which I thought was unnecessary but needed to be filled as "NOT APPLICABLE or NA."
My status on the website is:-
Status
Objection
Description
Objection Details:
Fill all columns in affidavit for further process your case.

Thanks.
Narender.