Received my RTD and it is good for two years.

CPA

Registered Users (C)
I am not sure if the USCIS has changed the rules, it used to be the RTD is only good for one year and now I just got my RTD and it is good for two years. I applied on Jan 11 and I just got it today, it worth the wait :)

You are lucky, I received RTD on 10/3 and it's only valid one year.
Did you apply RTD with your I485?

Yes - I was supprised too. When I opened my RTD, the first thing I look at was the expiration date then I saw it is good for two years, then I looked at if it is reentry permit or RTD, it is an RTD.

I did not apply with my 1-485. I have my GC since 2005.

it is rp cos u said u have gc since back in 2005.

if u said you have gc and applies for travel document, you get rp not rtd. good luck!

it is rp cos u said u have gc since back in 2005.

if u said you have gc and applies for travel document, you get rp not rtd. good luck!

Not true.
You can apply for EITHER a RTD or a RP when you are a PERMANENT RESIDENT. It is the law and my experience.

Hey,

You don't tell me that "you get RP not RTD, Good Luck", the fact is I don't ask question, I just stated the fact I RECEIVED my RTD NOT RP and it is good for two year. Please read the title of the original thread before making any assumptions.

I applied for RTD in January '08 and the new requirements (for fingerprints) applied for applications received after March '08 (I think - not sure the exact month).

Thats very interesting CPA... maybe you are the lucky one... or maybe CIS changed its rules.... I hope they did it... that way everybody can enjoy the 2 years RTD.

If its possible, could you please scan the first page of your RTD... (wipe out your personal info - of course)... that would be very helpful....

if someone apply for the green card and travel document at the same time ,does he still need to do and have tow separate fingerprint notices or one will be enough for both

if someone apply for the green card and travel document at the same time ,does he still need to do and have tow separate fingerprint notices or one will be enough for both

2 separate ones. They are automatically generated by the system based on the application and timeframe(i.e if your FP expired for GC after 15 months) or a new appliction that requires FP.

I am not sure if the USCIS has changed the rules, it used to be the RTD is only good for one year and now I just got my RTD and it is good for two years. I applied on Jan 11 and I just got it today, it worth the wait :)
This is unheard of.
Lucky youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.