received LUD on 485 case, but PD is not current

activex111

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I received new LUDs on 485 appplications for both, me and my wife. The status on my case still says "Current Status: Case received and pending." However, it seems that they have raised a RFE on my wife's case (don't know what the RFE is yet).
I know that some people received the LUDs when their cases were transferred.
My PD is not current so does this RFE means that they are looking at my case? Does anyone know what does this mean? appreciate any feedback..
thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way to tell what these LUDs mean, but they are certainly nothing to worry much about unless they are accompanied by a status change (e.g. from Pending to Approved or something like that). Otherwise, any file sitting at USCIS is subject to 'internal processing' which is what can generate an LUD. Such processing does not have to mean adjudication, but can simply be reassigning of files or shifting shelves or whatever. The folks over at Trackitt.com are experts at pointless LUD speculation since people there tend to report every single LUD they see and invite a flurry of non-sensical "expert" responses. Have a look at that website for a good laugh. :)

Hi,
I received new LUDs on 485 appplications for both, me and my wife. The status on my case still says "Current Status: Case received and pending." However, it seems that they have raised a RFE on my wife's case (don't know what the RFE is yet).
I know that some people received the LUDs when their cases were transferred.
My PD is not current so does this RFE means that they are looking at my case? Does anyone know what does this mean? appreciate any feedback..
thanks,

If you do not have current PD, just do not check LUDs, better to spend that time checking visa number availability. Those LUDs may mean anything or nothing at all for the applicant. What you suppose to care is the online status of your application and if any change could happen

I actually received the notification emails from CRIS, thats how i found out about the LUDs. What surprised me is that they have sent a RFE in my wife's case and my PD is not current. I thought, they dont even check the case till PD is current..
has anyone else received RFE when PD was not current?

If you do not have current PD, just do not check LUDs, better to spend that time checking visa number availability. Those LUDs may mean anything or nothing at all for the applicant. What you suppose to care is the online status of your application and if any change could happen

the status on my case is still the same with new LUD, but the status on my wife's case changed to "Request for Additional Evidence Sent".

There is no way to tell what these LUDs mean, but they are certainly nothing to worry much about unless they are accompanied by a status change (e.g. from Pending to Approved or something like that). Otherwise, any file sitting at USCIS is subject to 'internal processing' which is what can generate an LUD. Such processing does not have to mean adjudication, but can simply be reassigning of files or shifting shelves or whatever. The folks over at Trackitt.com are experts at pointless LUD speculation since people there tend to report every single LUD they see and invite a flurry of non-sensical "expert" responses. Have a look at that website for a good laugh. :)

I actually received the notification emails from CRIS, thats how i found out about the LUDs. What surprised me is that they have sent a RFE in my wife's case and my PD is not current. I thought, they dont even check the case till PD is current..
has anyone else received RFE when PD was not current?

This is untrue, almost all those with not current PD receive FP notice every now and then (~1.5 years), many cases get denied and a lot of RFE triggered specifically to confirm that the applicant keep doing the same or similar job beside others. Also, with every renewal of EAD,AP the pending I485get revised because this is the application without which no EAD/AP could be issued.

received the RFE notice today.. they have asked for following information such as entry records, copy of EAD cards and AP (shouldn't they have all this since they are the ones who issued it ;o). I had submitted everything and much more with 485 application

- Copy of I94
- Copy of I-20 A-B/I-D
- Copy of IAP66/DS 2019
- Copy of I 797
- Copy of Passport visa pages
- Copy of all EADs

Request for Additional Evidence Sent

We also received the notification emails from CRIS. And they have sent a RFE for me and my wife's case and my PD is not current. status on my and my wife's case changed to "Request for Additional Evidence Sent". We don't know what is the RFE yet.