Received IL within 3 weeks after 2nd FP

unk

Registered Users (C)
I received my IL yesterday after completing 2nd FP on 6/12. It looks like USCIS/FBI are working on clearing the back log name checks as per the press release a few months ago. Here is my time line

PD - Jan-07
1st FP - Feb 07
2nd FP - June 08
IL received - June 08
Interview date - August 08

So, hang in fellas that are stuck in name check. Your IL is on the way..

So, maybe I shouldn't worry so much about IO telling me at Infopass "IL scheduling could take up to 12 month" or may be you guys just got lucky because yours DO is not overloaded as LA?

So, maybe I shouldn't worry so much about IO telling me at Infopass "IL scheduling could take up to 12 month" or may be you guys just got lucky because yours DO is not overloaded as LA?

No man Baltimore DO is pretty loaded too.

My getting IL could be attributed to Detroit DO being not overloaded. Not sure if DO's give any priority to old cases stuck in the background check or work pretty much FIFO

I have just received the 2nd interview letter. I have already passed US history and English tests(3 years ago). Do I have to take those tests again? Also is this an indication that my name check is compete, because I have gone thru this before. Is there any way to know about name check status.
Thanks,

I have just received the 2nd interview letter. I have already passed US history and English tests(3 years ago). Do I have to take those tests again? Also is this an indication that my name check is compete, because I have gone thru this before. Is there any way to know about name check status.
Thanks,

Since you received the 2nd FP notice, your name check has been done... at least that is what happened in my case and many cases. You can call and talk to the IO to be sure about this. I have taken the exam when I had gone for 1st FP... I asked them the same question when I was getting my 2nd FP done, they told me that just take that paper with you and you don't need to give the exams again. I think after 2nd FP you should receive your IL in couple of weeks time. Congrats!

I have received the IL, the interview is scheduled for 25th July. I called IO about the name check, she said they don't have any information on that. So my questions is, is ther any other way to find out about name check being cleared?
Thanks,

I have received the IL, the interview is scheduled for 25th July. I called IO about the name check, she said they don't have any information on that. So my questions is, is ther any other way to find out about name check being cleared?
Thanks,

If you've been scheduled for interview it means your name check has been cleared. They no longer schedule interviews before your name check clears.

Hope you are right my friend. I somehow feel lot better after reading your email. May God bless you.
Thanks,

You've been schedule for a 2nd interview since your 1st interview was scheduled before your name check cleared. USCIS used to schedule interviews before name checks prior to spring 2007, so you can be reset assured that your 2nd interview is the real deal. Good luck!