Received I-485 Interview Notice @Charlotte...

GC-4-All

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

We have received I-485 Interview Appointment Notice's today from the Charlotte Office.

My list of required doc's is Emp Verf Letter and Photos.
Wife's required doc's is long list. Marriage pictures, Marraige Certf, Joint Bank Account, Joint lease, Affidavit of Support, etc etc...

Questions???
1. I have my interview date as March 28th. Can I go before that with an InfoPass?
2. Did anybody else get this kind of letter for their Spouse?

I-140/ I-485 ND: Sep 2, 2003
I-140 AD: Feb 2004
FP1: Nov 14, 2003
FP2: Jan 25, 2005
EAD's - 2
AP's - 2
I-485 Transfer to Charlotte: Nov 16, 2004

don't use infopass, just go right with your interview date.
some one say infopass only delay your interview.

Thanks Tonytx.

Do I have to take a lawyer with me? If YES can you tell me some names of lawyers in Charlotte.

Hi GC-4-all

Did you and your lawyer get the interview letter or only you? The reason I am asking is that I did my FPs two weeks back and I have not received my interview notice till now although my case was tranferred in 9/2004.

Thanks,
Spartakus

Spartakus,

I got the Interview letter. My lawyer did not get it.
BTW I have given my 2nd FP on Jan 25, 2005.
Some one touched my file on Feb 1.
And on Feb 25, I got this interview letter.

Check your USCIS portfolio, if the date has changed.

According to the Officer at Charlotte office when I went for an enquiry, he said that I will have my interview sometime in March. And he was Right.

You should also get your letter in a week or two.

No update

Hi GC-4-all,

Thanks for your response. Although I got my FPs notices a month and half ago and did them two weeks back but my update date in my portofolio is still the date when my case was transferred. so the 'last update' date did not change on my portfolio.

Thanks and good luck.
Spartakus

I won't take a lawyer with me for the interview.
it's not necessery.

GC-4-All said:
Thanks Tonytx.

Do I have to take a lawyer with me? If YES can you tell me some names of lawyers in Charlotte.

Hi gcForAll
I recvd the same letter , same date of interview same everything.

My letter says "To determine eligibilty for this case"

No mention of passport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello GC-for-All
My lawyer tells me that.
They cannot approve at the interview as the
priority date is not yet current. Due to retrogression only dates current are 3/1/2002 and I am also Sep 03.

But when I looked at the local charlotte office website they are processing Oct 2003 and Texas Jan 03 , I read it on murthy.com that even though the priorty date might not be current the processing will continue.
So are they doing just processing with no approvals ?

So I am not sure if they can approve there and then.
Lets hope for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should approve it right there, as the processing date in the Local Charlotte office is Oct 15, 2003.

Pencil,

I don't know what your lawyer is talking about. But my lawyer says that I can consider it as a Passport stamping.

They have asked for some docs, and if we show it to them, they will approve it right away.

If you read other threads, about interviews in other local offices... Decisions are made right away after a couple of questions and Passports Stamped.

I'm not too much worried.

Like you said, lets hope for the BEST!

Hello GC-for-All,

Its visa numbers . I have no idea if you are EB3.
If you are then they look for visa numbers. I am EB3.

Maybe I should have asked you before writing that , That info is for EB3 only.

I sent you a private message. If you are EB3 please get in touch , becasue my lawyer is talking about not filling up the form 864.

Time stamp change

Hi GC-4-all,

Did the time stamp in your profile change when they sent you the FP notices from the local office or did it only (3 weeks) change after you have done your FPs?

thanks,
Spartakus

Called the 800 # yesterday

I called Called the 800 # yesterday and I asked the lady on the phone after she looked up my case why my case was transferred to Charlotte and she said to complete the process, Is that a typical answer or did she see this on my case?

Thanks,
Spartakus

Yes, that is an obvious answer. They tranfered it to the local office to complete the process(call for an interview if necessary and approve).

The NCS will not have anything new to say other than the online status. If atall you can get any info it is at the local office itself.

went to Charlotte yesterday

Hi all,

I went to charlotte yesterday to ask about my case and I was told that my interview was scheduled for 4/14. I have not received the interview notice yet and neither my lawyer. Any body has any experience with officer Hunter there?

Thanks,
Spartakus

transferred to charlotte

spartakus,

Did you take info pass apointment to visit to charlotte office?

Thanks,

Ke

I got interview letter today

Hi ke_park,

yes I took infopass appointment before going there. I got the interview letters for my family and myself today also.

Thanks,
Spartakus