Received Approval Notice - No Green Card yet

piyopiyo

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I have received the I-485 approval Notice I797 on March 11, 2009. In the notice it stated that my case has been approved and I should receive the permanent resident card within the next 3 weeks. I waited more than 3 weeks and called the number given on the I797 on April 13 2009. The customer service agent took all the information and today I received a letter from the Texas service center stating the following:

"... we are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice from us within 6 months of this letter call us....."

Anybody in the same situation? Is there anything to worry? Please advice...

Thanks in advance
piyo
:confused:

You need to get back to them and clarify that the letter you got states that you have been approved for the greencard. The greencard should have been mailed to you within 30 days. Otherwise, there might have been a problem (i.e. they forgot to request for your card production or your card has been mailed but somebody stole it or re-directed somewhere else. This happened to my friend who was also approved and had to call just to realize that his card has been mailed but have been stolen or misplaced in the mail.)

Thanks JSPU. When I called on April 13, I have clearly stated to the Agent that my case has been approved and I have waited the specified time of three weeks. I will call again tomorrow. What happened in your friend's case? How long did it take to get his card? I am moving in another two months and would like to get the card before I move. My wife's case is also appproved and she hasn't receive the card yet. My Son's case is still under process, and they are not giving me any details other than the normal "it is under process at our texas service center...."

Hello Piyo, Congratulations on your approval!

I suggest you take an infopass appointment. Local office can check the status of your file. If there is any problem with the card order then the local office will be able to stamp your passport and also order a new card for you. The letter that you got from USCIS currently seems like a very generic letter.

Thanks EricS. Good to hear back from you after a long time. As you suggested, I will take Infopass and go to the local USCIS office to check on the status of our case.

I will keep you posted.

piyopiyo,
What happened to your case?
I got the approval letter but not the card production etc? I feel a bit confused too. Please do keep us updated. Thanks.
I may also need to do the infopass and find out what exactly is going on.
llp1

I am also in the same boat. got approval notice on may-15 but did not yet get the card.
since it was mentioned 30 days, i will wait and then probably take info pass appointment.
hopefully I shd get it before the time period

my friend hasnt received his new greencard yet. apparently it takes 4-6 months to get a new card as well. it was a pain for him. he is still waiting for his new card. although he told me you can go to your local immigration office to get your passport stamped (???) so you can leave the country (in case of emergency) and not put your permanent status in jeopardy.

What Erics said is right. I went to the local infopass. The officer was nice and put a stamp on my passport as a temperary GC for a year. He also checked the system and told me not to worry (no need for me to do another biometrics).
My spouse went to the same infopass today, and the officer told him that his card was ordered on May 21. I had my infopass on May 21 (the officer told me that he didn't see the card production order yet).
So we will wait for one or two more weeks. Will keep you updated.
P.S. the original thread poster appearently left the forum, he didn't even answer my private message to him. He sure got his card but left us wonder.

gcfinder,
Congrats!! It certainly is a long long journey for you.
I still don't have anything yet, no email, no mail, no LUD.

photom

It took18 years to this point. I got the same message. Application I-485 approved. Card will come in sixty days. It didn't. called on 61st day. Was told it takes 30-45 days to let you know why no card sent. Called on 46th day as no reply came and was told we are writing you now why we sent no card. Lawyer wrote another letter to congressman who secured the 6th figure print apointment after which it another seven weeks before the card finally game.

As of May 29, 2009, BCIS website does say there is a delay of up to eight weeks and we will stamp passports instead.

I did that in Sept 2007 when I got an approval notice at a INfopass appointment where the office ha no jurstidation over my case ( I am from Florida, texas is the office responsible) and I went to Philadelphia where after pleading my case and providing an approved 140 case, an approved I-485 and an approved travel document which was expired because I did not trust immigration about reentry and surrendering seven employment cards they did stamp my passport valid for a year after which I finally did with the help of my lawyer and senator get another finger print appointment in Jan 2008 and the greencard did come in february 2008. Priority date on application November 1993, but we filed the I-140 in November 1987 and that approval aong with a travel document came in 2002 so the whole process took 18 years and I never left during that time. What a story and a journey.

Photom, that's unbelievable! What a story, what a journey. I never heard of anything like that before.
I was about to go for another infopass. But just got two emails on June 27 and June 29 with "Card Production Ordered". I am crossing my fingers. Hope I will get the card next week.

photom

Since your message read card production ordered , I believe your card will come. I know website says there is a two month delay and maybe I would request an info pass appointment bring your approval notice along with the notice card production ordered and if it is for real they should stamp your passport making your a permanent resident and giving you employment authorization. In a sense they did that to me when I showed an approved i-140, an approved I-485 approval notice sent from INS and an approved travel document which was expired as I do not trust them. Might just be a thought.

It is always nice to refresh their mind as we did with applying for a working card every year for eight straight years which would always be approved since an approved I-140 is a 100 percent guide for an approved I-485 and it alwas reminded immigration that the main application I-485 was still pending.

As to my case we started in 1986 and it took at least 10 years for the I-140 and the travel document to be approved. Priority date or i-485 was 1995 and the final act in this saga came in Feb 2009 when the green card finally came after at least 8 finger print appointments, three medical appoints for this so called approved immigration doctor ( I visit the Mayo clinic each and every year for a $6,000 dollar visit each year to assure me I am healthy), along with paying the fine stipulated in the ill advised immigration reform act of 1986 and spending one whole day on the phone in 2004 attempting to verify that this fine paid a second time in march 2004 and requested again by the same officer for a third time three months later and finally receiving a faxed copy of the certified Bank check front and back clearly showing USCIS endorsement and application receipt on the check which I promptly sent to the requesting officer in Texas.

My card arrived on July 10. Not too bad, over all. There was no complication in our I-485s, only that we waited for two years and three cards arrived at very different times. I greatly appreciate the help from this forum. Thanks. Wish everybody good luck.
Photom, what you experienced is really dramatic. It is a nightmare to you. I am very sorry. But now that all is over. You may be the one that knows the taste of the green cards the best.

Hello Piyo, Congratulations on your approval!

I suggest you take an infopass appointment. Local office can check the status of your file. If there is any problem with the card order then the local office will be able to stamp your passport and also order a new card for you. The letter that you got from USCIS currently seems like a very generic letter.

Hi EricS:
My I485 is pending, and would like to take infopass appointment, I went to their website and it was seemed that without any notice or letter from uscis, I cann't ake appointment to know the status of my I485,

Do you know -- how can I take infopass for that..? or what options in uscis 1800 number to reach their Rep. to talk....

If anybody knows please help me on that, help is apprecaited.

Thanks a lot.

Hi EricS:
My I485 is pending, and would like to take infopass appointment, I went to their website and it was seemed that without any notice or letter from uscis, I cann't ake appointment to know the status of my I485,

Do you know -- how can I take infopass for that..? or what options in uscis 1800 number to reach their Rep. to talk....

If anybody knows please help me on that, help is apprecaited.

Thanks a lot.

I and my spouse took infopass appointment, we asked about the current status as my PD is current, the IO initially told it says it is under review, everything is apparently cleared, then IO said since yoru FP is done on 2007, you probably need another FP,
I don't know how it is working, I knw some people had FP in Oct/2007 and got approval of GC this Sept, without any FP.

Guys could you please explain what is under review means...and why another FP....

Thanks much.