Receipt date NOV 2nd 2005 still pending

schachlani

Hi All,

I have applied for my OPT, and my status online shows that they have recieved the application on 2nd Nov 2005. But the status is still pending.

I had a part time pre-opt before this, for 4 months, which is counted as 2months and have 10 months remaining still.

Please if anyone has any updates, or are in the same situation do let me know.

If anyone, with receipt date after Nov 2nd, have recieved their opt cards, please let me know.

Thanks in advance
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Receipt date of Nov 2nd

This is my case as well. According to USCIS website, my OPT application received on Nov. 2 2005 is still pending. Vermont center has been working on I-765 applications received on Oct 26th as of Dec 20th.
One of my friends who applied around the same time as me has been approved. On Notice letter, we both have same receive date and notice date.

Oct 28 Received date

Hello
My notice date is Oct 28 and now looks like VSC is processing cases with receipt date of Nov 23. Did u guys (ones with Nov 2 receipt date) get your approvals or OPT yet??
Please reply ..I am really concerned about this delay cuz I have job offer in hand :(

No replies at all:-<

Guys, did u check the USCIS was updated on Jan 6 and according to it they are now now processing Nov 23 applications.SO we should have got atleast approval if not EAD.Any idea what's happening?? I think I am totally screwed cuz my company doesn't seem happy about it. If you find something related, just post it.

I called the customer service and was told that the case MAY be approved within a week. They also mentioned that it is not beyond the processing time, although the online processing times show November 23rd as of Jan 06th.

baghi said:
Guys, did u check the USCIS was updated on Jan 6 and according to it they are now now processing Nov 23 applications.SO we should have got atleast approval if not EAD.Any idea what's happening?? I think I am totally screwed cuz my company doesn't seem happy about it. If you find something related, just post it.

Any good news!

Hi,
People that have receipt date on november are getting their OPT approved.When I called up the customer service they said they cannot help until the USCIS processes nov 28 applications (30days from my receipt date) :confused:
My offer would become void if I wait for more.Is there a way interim EAD could be issues before 90days??
Anyone got their OPT approved? :(

Not approved yet

Dear All:
My I-765 application is still pending. I also called customer service and a representative told me that request notice will be sent to USCIS and to call them back if I do not hear any update from them within 30 days. I have been just frustrated. The company has been kindly waiting for my OPT approval.

Does anybody know that if the processing is faster if your school representative apply for OPT on behalf of you???

Thanks in advance

OPT application

I think it works the same eitherway.My received date on the NOA was Oct 26.It's still pending.
Unfortunately there is no way to expedite the OPT request.
When I called he customer service, they told me the same thing they told you.Could you explain it more??
Does that mean we can get the interim EAD immediately on the 30th day??
I would really appreciate if you could answer this.
Thanks a lot and Good luck!

The representative I talked to did not mention EAD card. She just told me to call back if I do not hear any updates from USCIS... I think you can get your EAD card 90 days after your received date. I am a bit confused by this. Although notice letter shows the receive date is end of October, online case status says that USCIS received my application on Nov. 2.

It is middle of January. I will wait another a week or so then I will call regional service office regarding EAD card. It must have been frastrating time for you too. Let's hope to get a card as soon as possible.

Did u change anything??

I heard if u change any details on ur EAD like your address or if they request any extra document, all these can drag us long.Because I saw people with receipt date of Nov3,Nov15 have got their approvals this week.I don't know why we are such a unlucky lot.
Good luck with u!

The delay is not because of any RFE or address change requests. The delay is because, no one processed our applications. You can look into the last updated date if you register for automatic update on uscis.gov. My application has the same last updated date as it was from the very beginning.

All our applications lie on a desk which is not yet processed. Or, it could be that the new applications are put on top of our stack.

I am sure, something would be processed from our bunch this week.

Yes, you are right, if there is a RFE or other requests made by the applicant there could be further delay. What I am not sure is, if we happen to go beyond the 60 day grace period of F-1 due to delay, are we eligible to stay in USA? For that matter, are we eligible to get an EAD based on OPT? If so, based on which law. I could not find any law on this. Any input is hugely appreciated.

Regards,

baghi said:
I heard if u change any details on ur EAD like your address or if they request any extra document, all these can drag us long.Because I saw people with receipt date of Nov3,Nov15 have got their approvals this week.I don't know why we are such a unlucky lot.
Good luck with u!

Receipt Date Nov 4th

Same story. I just talked to customer service, and they asked me to wait for another 10 days or so.

Same here, my reciept date is also in nov, i didn't hear any thing from them.if the grace period is over before we hear the approval from them what will be our status? does any body have any idea about it? INS says that if we didn't get the approval in 90 days from the reciept date we can get the temp. EAD card. but in most of the cases before this 90 days period is over the 60 days grace period is gone; so now that's a big headache.what status they expect us to be in?

I am sorry to hear that strings_abc. I think, F-1 will be void after 60 days even though there is an outstanding (pending) OPT application. This means, you cannot get your OPT on the current degree.

This is because, students are eligible to apply from 90 days prior to the graduation. If the F-1 visa holder did not apply as early as 90 days, it is their mistake.

Some people say, a pending application allows the F-1 holder to stay in the country. But, I don't think so. I did not come across any Federal Law that says so.

Also, remember the 60 day period starts from the date of graduation, not the expiration of I-20. Remember to count 31 days in some months.

Take the info pass immediately without any delay. Also, talk to attorney, if necessary hire them.

Good Luck to all of you.

Regards

strings_abc said:
Same here, my reciept date is also in nov, i didn't hear any thing from them.if the grace period is over before we hear the approval from them what will be our status? does any body have any idea about it? INS says that if we didn't get the approval in 90 days from the reciept date we can get the temp. EAD card. but in most of the cases before this 90 days period is over the 60 days grace period is gone; so now that's a big headache.what status they expect us to be in?

interim card

it has been more than 90 days since the receipt of application. Then I went to the local office to apply for interim card. I could only find Infopass appointment available on 7th of Feb so I just went there as walk-in. They said if I dont have an appointment then I need a letter from an employer stating that this is an emergency. There is nothing I can do at this point so that I will wait till 7th and go back to the office again.

Receipt date NOv 4

Still waiting for the OPT. However, my H1 came through a few days back (I work in a University and they premium processed it). So what happens if my OPT also comes through? Would I go back to F1 from H1?