Receipt date NOV 2nd 2005 still pending

Taking classes after the graduation

lookingintoit,

You mentioned the 60 day period starts from the date of graduation, but how about a case to take claasses even after the graduation? I think as far as I-20 is available, the student can stady in the same school. Or does this hurt his/her OPT in any way? I am not an F-1 student, but my wife may go in this similar situation in the near future.

Thanks,
yuLc

lookingintoit said:
I am sorry to hear that strings_abc. I think, F-1 will be void after 60 days even though there is an outstanding (pending) OPT application. This means, you cannot get your OPT on the current degree.

This is because, students are eligible to apply from 90 days prior to the graduation. If the F-1 visa holder did not apply as early as 90 days, it is their mistake.

Some people say, a pending application allows the F-1 holder to stay in the country. But, I don't think so. I did not come across any Federal Law that says so.

Also, remember the 60 day period starts from the date of graduation, not the expiration of I-20. Remember to count 31 days in some months.

Take the info pass immediately without any delay. Also, talk to attorney, if necessary hire them.

Good Luck to all of you.

Regards

OPT customer service number---HELP!

hi, could please someone who had contacted the vermont center customer services, post the number here?
I have been trying to contact and the machine only connects you if your 3 month is passed!
thanks a lot!