Receipt date: August (mid august to september)

:) hehe...thank you everyone.
It does make me release a bit, at least I dont' need my interview as bad as before anymore, I can work before I get my interview :D

oh, sorry, I could count the date wrong. But my RD is the correct date and they received my RFE about 10 to 13 days after my RD. So it is almost more than 60 days before I get my EAD.
It worried me a lot after my RFE, because there is no process after they received my RFE for 2 months. If my EAD only took 75 days, that is even better. :cool:

For some of you haven't received any update for a while, I think my case is a bit of encouragement. 2 months, no news I guess can be possible :eek:

Good luck for all of us for whatever we are waiting :eek:
I feel we gain family support in the forum, thank you everyone :eek:

cindy

have you received your EAd card yet? i checked on line and mine was approve today! now i can sit beside my mail box too :)

hi, Camster
Congradulations...you got e-mail as well....that is great.
Nop, I haven't received my card yet...Mmmmm......hope it will come soon.
But I remember some of the thread in this forum said, it will be all right for us to start searching for jobs already since I certainly get issue for work permit already.
I think we still need the actual authorization to sign the 1099 or something like that, but hunting for one should be definitly all right.

Good luck for our job hunt now...hehehe

sorry, I need to complain again...where is my INTERVIEW LETTER????????????

dont worry cindy, it will come soon :) atleast you have your EAD approved already so we can start looking for a job and help our spouses in our daily expenses :) try calling customer service...

i juts got my EAD card in the mail today :) when i go to social security and apply for a number when will i receive it? can i apply for a job without ssn?

Sushil31,

No, I haven't gotten the EAD approval yet. I noticed that my I-765 was last updated on 11/15 after a long time -- so perhaps an EAD is in the offing. Our AOS interview is on Monday, however -- so I'm hoping we'll be approved and the EAD will be moot. You never know, though.

Where is my EAD card?

hi, Everyone
I am back.
Remember I said I finally got my EAD approved e-mail :eek:
That was at September 9th, and I sit around mail box whole day, and my EAD card never arrived :(
I know I am legally to job hunt now, but will I be able to start without actual EAD card in hand? :confused:

So far no interview letter either, after 104 days after ND :(

any advice? call someone now? or wait?

thank you

cindy,

I think you should try calling the customer service number to inform them that you have not yet received your EAD card. im hoping they would eb able to figure out whether it has been sent of not..

cindywang16 said:
hi, Everyone
I am back.
Remember I said I finally got my EAD approved e-mail :eek:
That was at September 9th, and I sit around mail box whole day, and my EAD card never arrived :(
I know I am legally to job hunt now, but will I be able to start without actual EAD card in hand? :confused:

So far no interview letter either, after 104 days after ND :(

any advice? call someone now? or wait?

thank you
Hi Cindy,

Definitely call the 800 number or make an Infopass. I believe, they can be of some help in this situation. Good luck!

I received this in through email today, i think it means I'm approved!!! HELL YEAH1!!!

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 29, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

tschernobyl said:
I received this in through email today, i think it means I'm approved!!! HELL YEAH1!!!

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 29, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

congrats tschernobyl

real sad...
I just called 1800 number and they told me all they know is the same thing like the e-mail notice they send to me. They can't answer me where is my EAD go besides ask me to wait another 15 days :(

I can't believe that is all they can do, I guess I will wait.

I also ask them by any chance they know how come I still haven't have a interview letter? They said....No ideal :(

cindywang16 said:
real sad...
I just called 1800 number and they told me all they know is the same thing like the e-mail notice they send to me. They can't answer me where is my EAD go besides ask me to wait another 15 days :(

I can't believe that is all they can do, I guess I will wait.

I also ask them by any chance they know how come I still haven't have a interview letter? They said....No ideal :(
oh lord, cindy! I wish you could get some kind of update I almost feel as if i shouldn't be so happy about being approved... I know what the waiting is like, it sucks so hard.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. ;)

Time Line

05/01/06: F1 Student married to USC

1. 07/24/06: All Application were sent out supposedly.
2. 08/02/06: USCIS website posted a comment stating that they received the applications that I sent out on 07/24/2006
3. 08/11/2006: I received a letter from DHS advising to go to Charlotte for Biometrics. The date for Biometrics was 08/30/06.
4. 08/25/06: Exactly two weeks later, I received another letter from USCIS requesting for additional evidence and I'm like 'wtf'. All processing will be on hold pending when they receive their request.

Note: When I sent in my application initially, I did not include the I-693 (medical exams) because I thought USCIS would request it when they need it but I did send a completed I-864 so you can imagine how I felt when I got the RFE letter for another I-864.

5. 08/30/06: Went to Charlotte, North Carolina for the Biometrics regardless of the processing hold stated in the RFE letter.
6. 10/17/06: Went for various test including HIV (Phew, your boi tested -ive).
7. 11/04/06: Mailed test results with more evidence to USCIS.
8. 11/13/06: Comment was posted on website stating that initial evidence has been received and processing has resumed. I should expect to hear from them within 60days.
9. 12/01/06: Received email stating that EAD has been ordered. SOo now the wait has begun!! Part of the mail sent by USCIS is posted below.
On December 1, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, everyone
Is that normally 60 days after RFE received, I should received interview letter?
Since they said "You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed"

after RFE, anyone know what can we expect? :eek:

thank you :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: