(Re-) Inviting Parents on a Visitor Visa

virtuoso

Registered Users (C)
All,

My parents have a multiple entry visitor visa valid for 10 years. They were here on a visitor visa almost 18 months ago. They stayed here for 5 months. That was their only visit since this visa was issued.

Prior to this visa being given, my parents were given a multiple entry visitor visa valid for 6 months. This was about 5 years ago. On that visa, my parents visited me and stayed with me for 4 months.

No extensions had been filed during either stay periods. The trips to USA were completed way before the I-94 given at the POE expired.

I would like to request them to visit me again.

1. Are there any issues with asking them to visit again and spend some time with my son (their only grandson)?

2. Do I need to send any paper work for their visit? If yes, can somebody point me to a list of needed documents?

-V

Last edited by a moderator:
virtuoso said:
All,

My parents have a multiple entry visitor visa valid for 10 years. They were here on a visitor visa almost 18 months ago. They stayed here for 5 months. That was their only visit since this visa was issued.

Prior to this visa being given, my parents were given a multiple entry visitor visa valid for 6 months. This was about 5 years ago. On that visa, my parents visited me and stayed with me for 4 months.

No extensions had been filed during either stay periods. The trips to USA were completed way before the I-94 given at the POE expired.

I would like to request them to visit me again.

1. Are there any issues with asking them to visit again and spend some time with my son (their only grandson)?
---------------not a problem if they have valid visa (at POE they should not say they are going to look after your son to look after child is work and on visitor visa work is not allowed)
2. Do I need to send any paper work for their visit? If yes, can somebody point me to a list of needed documents?
----------------not needed if they have valid visa
-V

Usually when a person has 10 year multiple entry visa, they will be allowed to stay in the country till the date on their return ticket upto a maximum of six months at a time.

I agree with ginnu on what you say at POE. My friend's mother who was coming to USA for the first time to help with the birth of his son, did not speak very good english. When asked why she was coming to the USA, she said "I'm going to work for my son", instead of saying I'm here to help out with the child birth.
She was put in deportation proceedings, and my friend had to hire a lawyer, and spend a bunch of money to get her out.