Re-Entry Permit - Running Out of Pages - Ideas?

WoosterLad

Registered Users (C)
I am a legal permanent resident as a result of asylum and have a valid Re-Entry Permit valid until Feb 17, 2010. Unfortunately, I am down to one blank visa page and need two pages to apply for visas to Australia and New Zealand for trips in April. I desperately need extra pages affixed to my travel doc. Is that a possibility? If not, I need a new doc expedited and in my possession in under a month. The immigration customer service reps at USCIS were not able to help me and suggested I schedule an in-person Info Pass appointment, which I did. Alas, that appointment isn't until Feb 10. Has anyone gone through this and if so, can you please advise me on the quickest and best steps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I thought of something. Call USCIS back and ask that they escalate your call as it's urgent. Make something up. Otherwise, maybe you can call the passport office and see what they can do, because they're just pages, and they do additions all the time.

They did escalate my call and had me speak to a supervisor, who suggested I schedule an info-pass appointment. I guess my options are to either apply for a new travel document or wait until my info-pass appointment a week from Wednesday to get some more clarity from them in person. I wonder if the passport office can in fact authorize page additions.... not sure they have the authority to do so for a re-entry permit. Has anyone done that before?

I bit the bullet and sent out my application for a new RP, with an expedite request. Will keep you posted on the processing dates.

Expedite TR timeline update:

Feb 2 - Sent application with EXPEDITE request via USPS Express Mail, with 2 Express Mail return envelopes.
Feb 6 - Received receipt notice via regular mail, dated Feb 3
Feb 6 - Received Biometric appointment notice via Express Mail, dated Feb 4. Appointment scheduled for Feb 12.
Feb 8 - Went to INS Support Center and because it was not busy, got Biometrics done same time.

Now, lets wait and see if my request gets expedited. Stay tuned.

Received my expedited RP yesterday, 15 days after I sent my application. Talk about fast! I'm rather impressed.

Expedite TR timeline update:

Feb 2 - Sent application with EXPEDITE request via USPS Express Mail, with 2 Express Mail return envelopes.
Feb 6 - Received receipt notice via regular mail, dated Feb 3
Feb 6 - Received Biometric appointment notice via Express Mail, dated Feb 4. Appointment scheduled for Feb 12.
Feb 8 - Went to INS Support Center and because it was not busy, got Biometrics done same time.
Feb 19 - Received email and txt notice that my new RP had been processed and mailed to me.
Feb 20 - Received my new RP via Express Mail.

WoosterLad
Permanent Resident since March 2006.