re-entry permit questions

mehi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My wife and I have GC. We want to apply for re-entry permit. I've Some questions about the form i-131:

1- What is the "A-number"?

2- What is the "Class of admission" ? What should I write in the text box?

3- My wife's mother needs medical care according the doctor advise, does it a reasonable reason for the purpose of trip? She has cancer and no one can nursing her.

4-Should I file 2 forms for both of us? if yes, do I put them in one envelope or in 2?

5- The fee for both of us is ($360+$85)*2 = $890. How do I pay the fee, by one check or 2?
one check sum=$445 for me, and one check sum=$445 for my wife. Is it okay?

6-We live in Seattle, If I want Express mail, should I post the application to:

Express mail and courier deliveries:
USCIS
ATTN: AOS
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034

Thanks a lot,
Mehi

please help

Hi,
My wife and I have GC. We want to apply for re-entry permit. I've Some questions about the form i-131:

1- What is the "A-number"?

2- What is the "Class of admission" ? What should I write in the text box?

3- My wife's mother needs medical care according the doctor advise, does it a reasonable reason for the purpose of trip? She has cancer and no one can nursing her.

4-Should I file 2 forms for both of us? if yes, do I put them in one envelope or in 2?

5- The fee for both of us is ($360+$85)*2 = $890. How do I pay the fee, by one check or 2?
one check sum=$445 for me, and one check sum=$445 for my wife. Is it okay?

6-We live in Seattle, If I want Express mail, should I post the application to:

Express mail and courier deliveries:
USCIS
ATTN: AOS
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034

Thanks a lot,
Mehi

please help, there is no suggestion..

1. A# is a 9 digit number on your green card. It might be called USCIS# now
2. permanent resident
3. the response is not that important, but this is valid. You can also follow the expedite procedure. It's likely that they'll accept this as a reason to expedite (though it is not a guarantee). If you can, attach a supporting document like a letter from her doctor, but this is not imperative
4. each of you needs a form. Use the same envelope, but securely paperclip each application and supporting documents so they are separate and easy to process
5. a separate cheque for each application would be better - $445/person
6. yes

Remember, once you complete the biometrics, you can leave as long as you've either listed a US consulate where you're going as the place to send the document when it's ready, or someone in Seattle is checking your post, and can courier the permit to you when it arrives.

1. A# is a 9 digit number on your green card. It might be called USCIS# now
2. permanent resident
3. the response is not that important, but this is valid. You can also follow the expedite procedure. It's likely that they'll accept this as a reason to expedite (though it is not a guarantee). If you can, attach a supporting document like a letter from her doctor, but this is not imperative
4. each of you needs a form. Use the same envelope, but securely paperclip each application and supporting documents so they are separate and easy to process
5. a separate cheque for each application would be better - $445/person
6. yes

Remember, once you complete the biometrics, you can leave as long as you've either listed a US consulate where you're going as the place to send the document when it's ready, or someone in Seattle is checking your post, and can courier the permit to you when it arrives.

thank you very much cafeconleche,

1- About question 3, does it acceptable that both of us bring the same reason for the purpose of trip.
I mean the main reason for the absence of my wife, is the sickness of her mother, can I bring the same reason and say for the illness of my wife's mother I should go abroad?

2- Do you know how long does it take from filing to biometrics? Estimation is okay.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
1. yes
2. expedited, it would likely take a couple of weeks to get your letter. You can then try to go early for your biometrics and hope they let you in. It usually works. Normal processing, maybe 3-4 weeks

1. yes
2. expedited, it would likely take a couple of weeks to get your letter. You can then try to go early for your biometrics and hope they let you in. It usually works. Normal processing, maybe 3-4 weeks

Thanks a lot for your kindly reply

mehi
You need to complete biometrics before you leave country. It takes approximately 1 to 1.5 months before you do biometrics after submission of I-131. May be you should walk to closest Application support center along with I-131 receipt to get biometrics done before you leave country OR walk down to closest USCIS district office and request expedited re-entry permit, make sure you keep your mother in law's medical emergency documents along with you.

mehi
You need to complete biometrics before you leave country. It takes approximately 1 to 1.5 months before you do biometrics after submission of I-131. May be you should walk to closest Application support center along with I-131 receipt to get biometrics done before you leave country OR walk down to closest USCIS district office and request expedited re-entry permit, make sure you keep your mother in law's medical emergency documents along with you.

whitemimauz3

Thanks for your reply, do you mean I post the application then go to the closest USCIS district office with the receipt in hand
OR
I go there and ask them to do expedited re-entry permit before posting the applications?

Have question. left USA last year December on a re-entry permit.Planning to go back in December(exactly after one year) with my husband who is a citizen and my six year old daughter.My worry is that my girl who is also an LPR has not receive her re-entry permit upto date.Are we likely to have problem with her.whats the advice here?

My worry is that my girl who is also an LPR has not receive her re-entry permit upto date.Are we likely to have problem with her.
When did you apply for her reentry permit? Will her planned entry in December be less than one year since she left the US?

Was thinking of applying a returning visa for my daughter,six years now.
She acompany me home,but one year- three months,her re-entry permit has not been posted.I got mine yet we applied together.
we are planing to go back end December. what is the best thing we can do?

The returning resident visa can take over a month, so it might not be possible to get it if you want to return to the US with your daughter in December.

Do you have the receipt notice for her reentry permit? If yes, and her green card is unexpired, go back to the US with her. You won't need to show any reentry permits to board the flight. When you arrive in the US, don't show the reentry permit unless you've been outside the US for a year or the officer asks for it. If you have to show it, explain the situation and show the receipt to prove that you actually applied for her reentry permit, and they probably will let her in.

Is your US citizen husband the father of your daughter? If yes, was he a citizen when she was born, or when she was living in the US with a green card? If yes, she might have derived US citizenship through him and can get a US passport.

Extending Re-Entry Permit while overseas **Urgent**

Hi,
My parents having LPR (Green Card) and they went to India with 2Year Re-Entry permit, they suppose to come back before the permit expires (in March 2014) but due unavoidable and unfortunate circumstances they need to extend their stay, they may not come back for another year or so.
Now since they are in India, can I (in USA) apply for their extension (new re-entry)? Or can they do it there in US Embassy in India?
If I have to do it here in USA, then what about bio-metrics? There is no way they can come to US for that and go back.
Please help me out in this, I will appreciate meaningful and informative response.

Hi,
My parents having LPR (Green Card) and they went to India with 2Year Re-Entry permit, they suppose to come back before the permit expires (in March 2014) but due unavoidable and unfortunate circumstances they need to extend their stay, they may not come back for another year or so.
Now since they are in India, can I (in USA) apply for their extension (new re-entry)? Or can they do it there in US Embassy in India?

They have to be in the US to apply for another reentry permit.

If they can't return to the US before the permit expires, they'll need to apply for a Returning Resident visa (SB-1) at the US consulate in India, with evidence that their inability to return to the US was due to circumstances beyond their control.

However, if they have been in the US since the permit was issued, they can return to the US after the permit expiration date (without the permit or SB-1 visa) if their return date to the US is less than a year after their last departure from the US.