Re-applying for Canada PR

StonedAnt

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

A few years back I had applied for Canadian PR and received it. Unfortunately, for various reasons I did not land before the expiration date.

I am thinking now of re-applying for Canadian PR again. I wanted to ask if anyone has done this already and what is the basic procedure? I am assuming I would not have to pay for the landing fee as I already did that and never claimed it back, I have the receipt and all.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Stoned!

Return your old visa and you will be refunded your landing fees. You will have to submit a brand new application for Canadian PR.

Hi Tripel Citizen,

I hope you can answer my question.

I hold a canada PR card thats valid until Sept 2009.

But I do not meet residency obligation since I lived more than 3 years in US after landing in Canada. Since then I never went to Canada.

Now I have a need to visit Canada for H1B stamping.

Can I visit using my PR card ? If so what hurdles will I face ? Will they let me in ?

Thansk

There is no way I can answer if they will let you in or not. Since you have abandoned Canadian PR, the right thing for you is to apply for a Canadian visit visa and use that to enter.

Can I visit using my PR card ? If so what hurdles will I face ? Will they let me in ?