RD Oct 2002 RFE submitted today

I did not have my scond FP. I am hoping to get approval before another FP. but after 20 months of waiting i have become numb...lost all feelings for this process.

How long ago did you do the first FP? It seems CIS now send out RFE right around second FP expire. I am not sure if they tries to reduce work load?

2nd fp

hidden_dragon
Rd: Oct 2002
RFE: May 06 2004
2nd FP; not received yet.
Please keep in touch.

Hey, we are in the same boat. RD oct/2002, RFE 11/may. No second FP. when did you do the first FP?

munjheel said:
hidden_dragon
Rd: Oct 2002
RFE: May 06 2004
2nd FP; not received yet.
Please keep in touch.

Fp was done in may or june

I cannot remember exactly when. I had to do it twice because first time around they were not visible and clear. I will keep you guys posted as and when things happen. Lets keep this thread alive.

Long Live the Thread.

Same boat

hidden_dragon, I received 2nd FP notice a week before the RFE.
RFE:26-MAR-04
2ndFP:almost 1 week before the RFE : FP done 2 week of april
ND: oct-02
RD: Aug-02

same boat

ND 10/29/2002
FP: 1/28/03
RFE May 11
no 2rd FP
do not know what's in RFE

Looks like we have quite a few people in the same boat. My lawyer actually is surprise I got RFE before second FP. Since you guys have similar experience, it is probaly the new trend. I did my first FP in mid Jan 2002, so I probably have to do second one. Let's keep each other posted on new development. keep the thread alive.

hidden_dragon said:
It looks like it took them a while to notice you (aug to oct 2002). You should get approve any day now.

I filed concurrently I140 and 485 in aug 02, and got my I140 approved in Oct-02, after that I received a receipt notice from INS for 485. I also feel smetime that why this took so long. Anyways, let's see how it goes...

Did anyone in this thread had update " On July 9, 2003 we recvd fingerprint review" message and still was asked for 2nd FP?
Am curious to find out relevance of the message.

I don't quite understand your question. Your first FP was received on July 9, 2003 and message has never changed? My online message has never change since the first day until I got RFE last week. So the online message is not very reliable.

GRCA-2002 said:
Did anyone in this thread had update " On July 9, 2003 we recvd fingerprint review" message and still was asked for 2nd FP?
Am curious to find out relevance of the message.

I have a question

how many days will it take for CIS to receive my RFE and thereafter how many days to update the online message. My RFE response was sent to CIS on friday may 14th. By when can I expect the online message to change?

Sorry, let me explain.
My FP1 was done in Jan 2003.
I changed my address in Jan 2004. After the change of address the online message changed to "On July 9 2003....."
Now I am wondering whether to count 15 months( for FP2) from Jan 2003 or from July 2003.
I had noticed that many users had this weird message.

Since everyone is calling FBI, I called too, and found out my finger print was send back to INS the same day I took it, in mid jan 2003. But the online message was never updated. So to be sure when CIS/INS actually received it, better call fbi.

It took normal shipping time plus a couple days max for them to "receive" it. Don't worry about online message. If you don't need second FP, you could see approval in days or weeks, depending on your luck.

gcpain1 said:
how many days will it take for CIS to receive my RFE and thereafter how many days to update the online message. My RFE response was sent to CIS on friday may 14th. By when can I expect the online message to change?