RD 8/6/01, job change issue- need help.

gckaintezaar

I'm working with company A on EAD and planning to join company B who is currently my client.
My business title with company B will be one-level up from what it is now (IS Manager) but job responsibilities would be same .
My question is
1. Would job-change at this stage be a problem and should I inform INS about it?
2. Should I involve lawyer now or only if I receive RFE?
Any replies will be appreciated
thanx

i changed my job after 8 months of filing 485. didnt inform INS.
got rfe on july 19, 02 for employment letter. hired lawyer from my new company. sent rfe to INS on August 7, 02. My case got approved on July 15, 02 (in week). but i joined on same job title to my new company but i dont think so it should be problem if u another company with new title. things should be ok for u.

INWAITOFGC,

did you provide any information about your former employer while replying to you RFE? If yes, please explain.

Thanks

No not all all. Whats need to provide. I simple provided to them what they asked for, an employment letter. I gave them of my new employer. Period. and now I have green card.

INWAITOFGC,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am in a similar situation. My RD is 10/2001 so its over 180 days and i have a current job exactly teh same as previous but more money, which is not bad, but my previous employer closed down.

Any word of caution or suggestion from you as you are experienced in AC21 and i just know AC21 exists and nothing else. my I140 wasn't revoked and so was my 485 and i just applied for my EAD renewal.

Thanks

I am not sure but I thing My lawyer didnt mention the word AC-21 in reply. My lawyer didnt want to show reply letter to me (I dont know but anyhow).

I hired this lawyer only for RFE since I filed my I-485 on my own.

Belive me guys, I was also worried about my case before/after RFE but my case got cleared in week time after they received the RFE.

Good Luck.