Rcvd the approval email today - ND 07/2001

Wind,

I didn't misunderstand you. I think no one can apply for asylum to Canadian government without first entering that country, so you must have adopted some other ways to apply for Canadian GC.

I wish someone here can tell us his/her personal experience, indicating:
1) I am both a US asylee and a Canadian green card holder;
2) USCIS clearly knows my Canadian status, but it still
2) approved my I-485.

windywd said:
Sad,

I think you may misunderstand a bit. I applied Canadian green card on the basis of academic/professional qualifications.

I don't know if you have two green cards, but both of them coming from asylum.

Hope this is helpful.

Free 100
congradulations!!
this must be a happy moment for you.
I am waiting for this happy day to come.

Sad,

You confused me: If you are outside Canada, you have to apply for "immigrant visa" which leads to GC after "landing" (which I did). Inside Canada, there is no "visa". I am not familar with Canadian asylum procedures but I do know if you have legal status in U.S., you can apply for Canadian GC.

qsheba said:
Free 100
congradulations!!
this must be a happy moment for you.
I am waiting for this happy day to come.

Thanks Qsheba. Yes it is a very happy day for me. And as I said before, I dont have words that will express my real feelings at this time. I hope this day comes in every asylee's life.

sadasylee said:
Wind,

I didn't misunderstand you. I think no one can apply for asylum to Canadian government without first entering that country, so you must have adopted some other ways to apply for Canadian GC.

I wish someone here can tell us his/her personal experience, indicating:
1) I am both a US asylee and a Canadian green card holder;
2) USCIS clearly knows my Canadian status, but it still
2) approved my I-485.

Sadasylee,

You will not find an Asylee who is also a canadian GC holder. Most asylee apply for U.S Asylum to stay here forever..and to get a U.S GC is so valuable to everyone that Asylees wont jeopardize that when they went through so much to get approved.

And to apply for CAnadian GC, you can apply it in U.S as windywd suggested..as a skilled worker or if you have $400,000 US dollars as an investement visa...You send in your paperwork to the Canadian Embassy in Buffalo, NY and they evaluate you, interview and then grant you an "immigrant visa"...When you land in Canada, the canadian immigration officer at the port processes your GC and by the time you get settled you get your GC.

So what you are looking for, you will not find. You may find tons of H-1's who are also canadian PRs and have a I-485 pending with USCIS...

Free100,

This is great, I can't say enough how good it feels to see all these approvals and now 2001!!!!! It is coming close, so close I can almost smell it. Congratulations!!! :) :) :)

Bonehead011

FP 3rd 05-12-04
LUD 06-23/24/27/30-05, 07-01-05
RIE 06-28-05
RIE Received by USCIS 07-06-05
LUD 07-07/08/11-05
Biometrics request I-797C rcvd 07-18-05
Biometrics scheduled for 08-02-05
Biometrics request C/W 08-02-05
LUD 08-02/03-05

Another 2001 approvals

Hi all,
I just want to add happiness to all of us by informing that 2 of my friends with ND 2001 just got approved today.

Hopefully, those years of waiting will be paid off soon....
;)

Yup, they applied in early 2001 (or late December) and one of them has lin0106xxxxx. (It's according to them and off course I believe them) :)

i am really sick now. Since uscis now processing the 2001 cases, when are they going to process my case which i had filed in Oct 2000(LIN 0101XXXXXX)... ... >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the letter from Canadian Consulate and mailed out a moment ago.

Very cool, must say. If U.S. immigration is as efficient as Canadian's, things are really turning out to be different.

FYI, the letter lists the time application was received, approved, etc. Pretty damn detailed. Those dates are prior to my PA approval. Guess if I ask USCIS for it, "it is no longer in the system."

To Windywd from mmm-mmm

windywd said:
Hey Gang members:

Just minutes ago, we got RFE. My neighbor told me Immigration asks for "proof of current immigration status of Canada."

First of all, I am impressed. How the heck do they figure out I applied for Canadian permanent resident and got approved a while ago?

Anyway, I talked with my attorney and Canadian consulate in New York, and am going to pick up a letter next Monday.

did you apply for Canadian permanet resident? if you got it, would it mean that you give up your aslyee status in us? because you have another country to protect you. how do you deal with this. could you let me know, I will appreciate your help

windywd said:
Got the letter from Canadian Consulate and mailed out a moment ago.

Very cool, must say. If U.S. immigration is as efficient as Canadian's, things are really turning out to be different.

FYI, the letter lists the time application was received, approved, etc. Pretty damn detailed. Those dates are prior to my PA approval. Guess if I ask USCIS for it, "it is no longer in the system."

Windywd, This was before your PA approval..did you tell them that you had applied for canadian PR also during your interview?...Or during your political asylum interview, were you approved for the canadian immigration? Please clarify..

wantmygcnow said:
Windywd, This was before your PA approval..did you tell them that you had applied for canadian PR also during your interview?...Or during your political asylum interview, were you approved for the canadian immigration? Please clarify..

Want,

Yes, I told her that my app for Canadian PR was pending. The approval date fell between the interview and U.S approval date. Hope this answers your questions.