Rapidigm Laying Off???

a

I heard and read on this web site and ins.org that Rapidigm has layed off 100 employees possibly in ecom area? Is it true?
Please reply on this board as there is no way for anybody to know the actual numbers.

No Title

Yes. They are laying off big time . Close to around two hundred . They have come with a policy
called 4% will only be allowed in bench at any point of time . First in First Out basis .
No consideration on how long you had been with Rapidigm . Talk to your Rapidigm friends .

No Title

One question rapiduser,
Suppose immediately after laying off 200 another 200 come on bench. Will many of them (200-80) be fired immediately??
I know people are on bench for 3 months+?

No Title

Hello Mr Rapiduser,

Looks like you have inside info . Thanks anyway.
I am worried about those who have completed FP and are expecting GC soon withing 6 months time.
The company can at least keep the offer open and reply to RFE.
RFE needs paystubs and Offer letter.

This will not cause any loss to company. If it doesn\'t consider these people, NO ONE WILL START GC IN FUTURE WITH SUCH A COMPANY who treats apples = oranges.
Also people who have never been on bench during their career with Rapidigm, shouldn\'t they be given some consideration??

No Title

Looks to be true, that Rapidigm is laying off people, I don;t know the exact numbers. One of my friend spoke to his manager and the company is taking a uniform policy, no matter how many years of service one has with the company.

No Title

Unfortunately Rapidigm is no more a good co. It\'s just interested in making money any way. So the recruiters, marketing people it does not
affect them they have GC\'s or US citizens so they do not care.

No Title

I don\'t understand term "laying off people" in rapidigm, can someone explain it. Is employee not paid salary? but he can stay in US.
 or Is employee is going to loss status H1B immediately. OR employee can stay back in india till market comes up, travel cost paid.

No Title

My friend has learned from reliable source within Rapidigm; they have fired approximatly 150 ASP and JAVA consultants. They have given them 1 months time to change skill set or look for projects on there own. Second round of lay off will happen very soon. Currently JAVA, ASP and VB consultants are targeted. Future depends on US economic condition.

-Rapiddump

No Title

My friend has learned from reliable source within Rapidigm; they have fired approximatly 150 ASP and JAVA consultants. They have given them 1 months time to change skill set or look for projects on there own. Second round of lay off will happen very soon. Currently JAVA, ASP and VB consultants are targeted. Future depends on US economic condition.

-RapidDump

No Title

One of my fried got laid off within two weeks he was out from a project, they have even told him that they are going to inform INS and cancel his H1. Lot of people have been asked to sign a letter to take vacation(Unpaid) and go to India.

No Title

Consultants are always vulnerable at client sites and the first target for layoffs....
The Clients will no longer be able to pay double the employee rates anymore. Nothing New about it. But, Rapidigm should provide some support and hope in these gloomy conditions.

No Title

How many weeks of prior notice they give? Is any compensation paid to the consultant who is laid off? Are they paying the air fare to go to India who have been asked to go to India?