Ramukesi and other old timers 2000 (Aug/Sep/Oct...) ne news on ur cases??????- eom

have u tried senator durbin?

Looks like you r from chicago area.

Have u tried senator Dick Durbin\'s office as sometime back when I was also planning to go to senator I looked at his website. It was written that if your case is pending > 18 months with INS contact our office.
My case is also Aug 2000 and ND Sep 2000 and I can very well understand the frustration. Last week just before going to senator office I checkd AVM and found that RFE was generated.
Was u\'r I-140 approved from different center? h

Ridic-------

RD: 11/17/00, ND:12/05/00;EB2-India, PD: 6/98
I do not know the delay is..But when they are approving so many cases which were applied in 2001; there must be something different with our cases in Oct-Dec 00 timeframe. Most likely thing is they have all gone into a long-lost pile..
Is this turmoil ever going to end??

No Title

This is for my wife\'s case. Her application is based off of mine.
Even if I talk to the other senator\'s office, they might give me same answer. I got mine approved 8 months ago.

Why April 2001 case being approved but Aug 2000 not

First reason: To show NSC\'s butt to someone.
Second reason: some officers are working like mad while others are doing table dance in NSC.
Third reasons:???

SPOKE TO AN IIO

I spoke to a "Male" IIO today. He said my case has moved to an "In-Transit" state which means it has crossed "Pending" state (Isn\'t that a good news, I hope so!!!!). When it gets into this state, the case has gone up-stairs where a lady would assign it to an officer (literally what he said) but he couldn\'t say how soon?. Looks like things are moving. Hoping to hear something soon.

ARN123.

No Title

When I talked to an IIO last time on Dec. 16, 2001, she was surprised when she saw no movement on the case and told me that she would put a request to resolution center and that I should call back in a month. After 2.5 months, today, I was able to talk to another officer, told her the earlier episode and this lady today said she does not see any resolution and her response was that the resolution center might have felt that no response is required right away and left the file as is.
She told me today that the file is in a queue and that is where it is supposed to be ("Who knows what this exactly means?") and is still unassigned to any officer and that NSC is backlogged a lot.

Case details are posted in one of the messages in this thread.

DID ANYONE TALK TO AN IIO RECENTLY AND GOT THE SAME REPLY AS I GOT ABOVE, PLEASE UPDATE

Guys after running from pillar to post... Finally got some infomation....

Finally could get hold of the lawyer and could get my NVC case number...

Called NVC, they said they sent my case to Chennai on JULY 18, 2000. (yes its Year 2000) (My lawyer says he filed for AOS and NOT CP. But somehow someone screwed it up royally and the case is with US Consulate in Chennai and been sitting there since JULY 18, 2000).

Called US Consulate in Chennai and they (lady who picked up the phone) ack\'ed that my case is with them since JULY 20, 2000.

My lawyer wrote a letter requesting my case be sent to INS Nebraska ASAP (that\'s what he says).

Will call Chennai after abt 2 wks to get the status...

Hopefully it should be resolved. HOPEFULLY... lets c what happens...and will keep u guys posted...

sickofins...
Now am really sickofins...

RD:- Aug 2000
ND:- Sep 2000
FP:- Feb 2001

sickof INS

Hello sickof INS

Take a look at you I-140 approval notice. It should says clearly whether your case was being send to NVC(only IF you I-140 petition specified "CP" option). Else INS should not send anything to NVC. Check it up and see who was creating a mess on you.

Hi! Micheal C...

Thanks for ur concern,
But i don\'t have I-140 approval notice and my lawyer (company lawyer) refuses to mail me the copy. Saying it belongs to the company and its company policy not to give approval (I-140 even copy) notice to the client.
So i don\'t know who screwed it up!!!

sickof INS..

Madras Consulsate will not send the I140 case file to NSC
on the basis of your Lawyer\'s request. They said they will
send it back INS only if INS or NVC asks it.
BUT, IF THEY DID IT ON YOUR LAWYER\'s REQUEST, PLEASE.PELASE..PELASE
COME BACK AND UPDATE HERE. I WILL APPRECIATE U

Also, around July\'2002 your 140 file will be automatically
sent back to INS, in your case NSC.
They have a policy procedure to wait for 2 years and if no one turns
in for interview, they send it back.

No Title

To 5thyearNSC

I also got approved for CP. But I got RFE in Jan 16 and responded
to them on Feb 5. Waiting for approval. Does it mean that NSc has my
I 140?

Please reply

RD: 07/00 and ND: 08/00

For NSC0717I485

NSC0717I485,

Your posting is very encouraging for the rest of us. That means your case has been assigned to an officer and will be approved soon after they receive the RFE. How do you know that your I140 was approved for CP? Have you checked the approval notice of your I140? Do you know if your I140 has been forwarded to NVC or if NVC has sent your I140 to US consulate. You can find this out by calling NVC at 603-334-0700 and give your I140 LIN number to the operator.

If your I140 was sent to US consulate then either NCS has processed your case without I140 or they requested the US consulate to send your I140 back. Knowing this is very important.

It would be very useful for the rest of us if you please provide more details of your case such as FP date and what was RFE about. If you please call NVC and find out the status of your I140 then that peace of information would be very valuable. I wish you best of luck and I hope you get your approval soon.

Please, please, please provide us with more information about your case. Thank you.

RE:

Considering your RD 07/00, its quite possible that NSC would have
received the I140 file from COnsulate/NVC. NVC said, they send
response withing 2 weeks after receiving a request from INS.
Consulates also send them sooner. Only INS takes months.
You can also check yourself by calling NVC/Consulate.
Please check with NVC/COnsulate, how far your I140 case has gone.
If your lawyer stopped it at NVC, its even faster for INS to
get response and start processing it.
I want to know if that happened in your case.
Please post details.

More Info... Trying 2 get a clearer picture.....

Alright guys finally got my I-140 approval notice.

My I-140 was approved for CP, I never intended to do CP. My lawyer kinda screwed up and not INS.

My I-140 is with chennai consulate since July 18, 2000.

Now I guess I jus\' gotta wait till someone sends my I-140 from chennai consulate to INS NE.

But atleast i know INS didn\'t screw me up, it was my lawyer who indicated CP on I-140 and I never wanted to go for CP.

I don\'t know who long i have to wait atleast i know what happened to my case..

Ne news on ur cases guys???? please let us know.

Thanx... and god bless us all...

Some Sort of Good News for Old Waiters

Dear Friends,

Called IIO yesterday and she said my case was assigned to officer as of FEB 13th 2002. My I140 was approved for CP and even though I applied for AOS. Thanks for 5thyearNSC, arn123, Ramukesi and other friends for doing so much research on this issue.

Called NVC to confirm and I was really shocked to know that my I140 was send to Madras consulate on July 26th 2000. Called lawyer and she blamed the whole thing on INS. Didn\'t want to fight with them since the damage was already done. Looks like INS requested I140 back, consolidated I1485 file and assigned to officer.

I think all the old Waiters I140 are being requested from corresponding consulates and It is matter of time that the files will be assigned to the officer. I know how painful it is to wait since I have gone through the same process. Please wait little longer and our cases will be approved.

RD SEP 26th 2000
ND OCT 27th 2000
MARCH 18th 2001
CASE assined to officer as of FEB 13th 2002
waiting for approval

Wishing good luck for all our cases.

thanks

RE:

Thank you happysoul.

I am seeing a first case assigned to officer after I140 received
from COnsulate. Please remember to update us with full details
about this CP/AOS when you get approval.

GOOD NEWS GUYS - APPROVED

Both my wife and mine have been approved on Feb 27th 2002. Just heard the news over the phone. Dont loose your hopes guys. Yours is on its way.

Thanks to all of you for help and suggestions. Need to go for stamping after getting the AN. WIll keep u all posted.

ARN123.

FOR THE guys whose files were picked up by the IIO/Examiner or approved

DId u guys have to contact Senator/COngressmen

Thanks
Seva
ND 09/27/2000,EB2,NSC