Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Need more details for the interview scheduled on 05/04

Hi Friends,

We have our interviews scheduled on May 4 th at 10:45am for me and at 9:45 am for my wife. I was just looking for the list of documents we need to carry with us while going for the interview in addition to the ones mentioned in interview letter.

Can anyone Pl. share the list ?

Also , in general for how long the interview goes for ? In case, my wife needs to carry some originals with her, will there be enought time to get those back from her before my interview begins ?

Any additional details are appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi Friends,

We have our interviews scheduled on May 4 th at 10:45am for me and at 9:45 am for my wife.
Also , in general for how long the interview goes for ? In case, my wife needs to carry some originals with her, will there be enought time to get those back from her before my interview begins ?

Any additional details are appreciated.

Thanks,

My interview in on May 4th as well. At 915 AM. I am planning on being there by 830 AM. Good luck to the both of us.

My interview in on May 4th as well. At 915 AM. I am planning on being there by 830 AM. Good luck to the both of us.

Thank you very much , Sam...! Good Luck to you too, hope all goes well.

Just wondering , what documents are you planning to carry with you ? W2s/Tax Return copies/ other ?

Thanks,

Here is my list

Thank you very much , Sam...! Good Luck to you too, hope all goes well.

Just wondering , what documents are you planning to carry with you ? W2s/Tax Return copies/ other ?

Thanks,

1. Tax transacript last 4 yrs.
2. Wife naturalization cert.
3. Wife passport.
4. My passport and GC.
5. Marriage Cert
6. Child Birth Cert.
7. Bank statement ( first page indicating name and addr )last 8 months.
8. Investment accounts same as bank statements.
9. insuranc card copy.
10. House refinance documents.
11. Copy of my disposed DUI record.
11. Praying to the gamet of gods that I get an approval vs. decision cannot be made.
12. Prayer to the litney of Hindu gods.
13. Prayer to Big Mo
14. Prayer to yaweh

Rest if USCIS still wants to give me a decision cannot be made..., They can bite my indian a$$

Thanks for the list , Sam...!

Both, me and my wife got the approval and oath letters today after the interview. It was very quick interview; confirming details in N400, read write English Test /History questions and thats it done... did not even go for 10 minutes...!

Thank you to all on this Forum for all your Support and Help...!

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the list , Sam...!

Both, me and my wife got the approval and oath letters today after the interview. It was very quick interview; confirming details in N400, read write English Test /History questions and thats it done... did not even go for 10 minutes...!

Thank you to all on this Forum for all your Support and Help...!

Thanks,

Congrats soham13!!!!!!!

One quick question about your interview.......... did officer asked you 6 questions (assuming you answered all correct so did not have to go thru all 10 questions) verbally? Or did officer give you a question paper to read the question and answer verbally? Any other advice for preparing interview?

Congrats soham13!!!!!!!

One quick question about your interview.......... did officer asked you 6 questions (assuming you answered all correct so did not have to go thru all 10 questions) verbally? Or did officer give you a question paper to read the question and answer verbally? Any other advice for preparing interview?

Hi smart84 , Thank you very much...!

The officer had all 10 questions in front of him but asked me only 6 as answered all of those correctly...:) we did not go thru all 10 questions.. also he was writing all my answers on the paper, so may have stopped after 6th correct answer. He did not give the paper to read the questions...

About preparations, review your N400 for thoroughly, I found one of my job start date had a wrong year just few minutes before the interview.. so I told the IO abt it and he made the corrections... it was surprising to see that he was using a Paper file to make his notes and corrections instead of doing it on the computer...

When is your Interview scheduled for ? Good Luck.. Pl. let me know if I can help wioth any other questions...!

Thanks,

Hi smart84 , Thank you very much...!

The officer had all 10 questions in front of him but asked me only 6 as answered all of those correctly...:) we did not go thru all 10 questions.. also he was writing all my answers on the paper, so may have stopped after 6th correct answer. He did not give the paper to read the questions...

About preparations, review your N400 for thoroughly, I found one of my job start date had a wrong year just few minutes before the interview.. so I told the IO abt it and he made the corrections... it was surprising to see that he was using a Paper file to make his notes and corrections instead of doing it on the computer...

When is your Interview scheduled for ? Good Luck.. Pl. let me know if I can help wioth any other questions...!

Thanks,

Thanks!

My parents had an interview on July 6th and both passed their exams. They had a similar process as you described here. Their oath ceremony is scheduled on July 22nd in Durham. Immigration Officer asked few questions to my mother about our family members and did not ask any other questions from N400 form.

Thanks!

My parents had an interview on July 6th and both passed their exams. They had a similar process as you described here. Their oath ceremony is scheduled on July 22nd in Durham. Immigration Officer asked few questions to my mother about our family members and did not ask any other questions from N400 form.

Hi smart84,

Congratulations...!

Hello All,

I just had a quick question about applying GC for my mother who is currently in India.

Is it a better idea to ask her to come here on Visa and then start the application I-130 ? Her 10 yr VISa
just got over and needs to be renewed. Or its better to submit the I-130 instead of applying for the visa ?
would that be a CP instead of AOS ? which process is more easy and faster ?

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Is their anybody applied for N400 from raleigh durham area.

Yes I did last year. Here is my timeline at the Raleigh-Durham office:

N-400 Timeline:
Oct 15, 2010 - filed
Nov 19, 2010 - fingerprinting
Jan 04, 2011 - online status: scheduled for interview
Jan 10, 2011 - interview letter received
Feb 08, 2011 - interview
Feb 18, 2011 - oath ceremony

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am looking somebody who filed in August/september/october of 2011

Yes I did last year. Here is my timeline at the Raleigh-Durham office:

N-400 Timeline:
Oct 15, 2010 - filed
Nov 19, 2010 - fingerprinting
Jan 04, 2011 - online status: scheduled for interview
Jan 10, 2011 - interview letter received
Feb 08, 2011 - interview
Feb 18, 2011 - oath ceremony

Any one recently applied in Raleigh/Durham area ?

Anyone recently applied in Raleigh/Durham area ? Any info you would like to share ?

My details are in my signature.