Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Hi everyone, just passed the interview this morning. The officer went through the application first and asked if there are any changes to any questions, followed by reading, writing and civics questions. It looks like they are scheduling the Oath ceremony on the 18th for today's folks. Since I will be out of town, I was not scheduled. I was told to wait for a letter.

The process is very straightforward, be yourself, courteous, and respectful.

Cheers

What to do with this request for evidence?

My wife filed N400 last December. Earlier in February, she requested a yellow letter which requests her to bring driver license to the interview. The letter emphasizes "Please do not mail in your required documents". I also called the service center. The officer I talked to assured me I don't have to do anything, just wait for the interview letter, which should arrive shortly.

Right now, if I check the USCIS online status, it stays in "Request for evidence". And so far, I haven't received the interview letter.

Has anyone experienced this? Anything you do? How long better you received the yellow letter and the interview notice?

Thanks a bunch,

"Cloudyskyhere"
Its the normal process, just sit tight and wait, you should get the IL pretty soon. Don't worry about the status online.

I will try if I can remember all of them :)

What does freedom of religion mean?
Name a state that borders Canada
How many senators?
When was the constitution written?
Senator term

Don't sweat the questions. As long as you have read the book they gave you at FP time, you will be fine.

I passed the interview on the 15th March and I could not take the Oath on the 18th (the date that was offered) because I had travel planned. Any one here have an idea how long it will take for me to get a OL or the next oath date? thanks.

I passed the interview on the 15th March and I could not take the Oath on the 18th (the date that was offered) because I had travel planned. Any one here have an idea how long it will take for me to get a OL or the next oath date? thanks.

Given that Raleigh DO is scheduling oaths the same week as interview in many cases, you should expect oath reschedule within 1 month. You may want to try Infopass and see if they can reschedule you sooner.

Hi all,

I did my FP yesterday. When shall I expect YL or IL? Also is there away I can check that background check was complete or not?

1) Your Experience at the Oath Ceremony
It was a rather large group with about 60 people. Then the IO came out and gave a little speech and then we all stood for the national anthem and took the oath. Then they gave us the Naturalization certificate and asked us to double check the contents. It was a 2 hour affair.. All fun.
2) Where did (Location of the PO) you apply for your passport?
In the Cary PO on Wren drive (Intersection of Cary Parkway and Kildaire farm)
3) Did you have to take any advance appointment or you just walked in and they accepted your application?
No i just walked in at about 3:30. The lady leaves at 4 PM i think. So try to go there as soon as you are done with the ceremony.
Remember to print out the passport application at home, 2 photos, photocopy of DL, checks for $75 and $25 and the original Naturalization certificate.
Keep 15c in change to take a copy of the certificate before you handover the original.

You might also want to ask about the voter registration form and ss-5 form for the Social security changes in the PO itself. Not sure if they are available there.

Hope that helps.

---------------------------------

Hi GCNOWHERE,

Congratulations!

Can you procide some info on the following please? I am in Morrisville and my interview is scheduled in mid April.

1. What was the place/location for oath ceremony? Is it the same office at Roycroft Dr. ?

2. What is the possiblility of oath ceremony being on the same day (i.e. interview day and if passed)? Is there a oath ceremony schedule available for this area to know in advance?

Thank you.

Kssmh05

Congrats "GCNOWHERE", its an excellent news. Could you please share the following?

1) Your Experience at the Oath Ceremony
2) Where did (Location of the PO) you apply for your passport?
3) Did you have to take any advance appointment or you just walked in and they accepted your application?

I am in Morrisville, NC and know that Morrisville PO doesn't process the passports and have heard that Cary PO require you to make appointments in advance. Any guidance would be really helpful and appreciated.

---------------------------------------

Hi sam012007,

I am in Morrisville and my interview is also on 4/12. Could you please pass along any info on the following?

1. What was the place/location for oath ceremony? Is it the same office at Roycroft Dr. ?

[I googled it and it appears there are several possibilities (i.e. 1. Raleigh Convention Center 2. District Court 3. USCIS office at Roycroft Dr.?). I am confused! ]

2. What is the possiblility of oath ceremony being on the same day (i.e. interview day and if passed)? Is there a oath ceremony schedule available for this area to know in advance?

Thank you.

Kssmh05

Oath is at DO. Special ceremony ( like Raleigh DO initial opening) oaths are held at convention center, and oath with name change is done at court house.

Same day oath is possible if your interview is early in day and they have an opening for an oath in afternoon.

Oath is at DO. Special ceremony ( like Raleigh DO initial opening) oaths are held at convention center, and oath with name change is done at court house.

Same day oath is possible if your interview is early in day and they have an opening for an oath in afternoon.

Thanks Bobsmyth!

No sooner than I posted this question, I received the oath letter. It is scheduled for April 16. Bobsmyth was right on target!

why it taking so long?

I Have filed N-400 for my wife on 24 Dec 2009 and she had her finger printing done on 01/22/2010, but it has been more than 2 months now but do not any status yet. It still shows as RFE issued on 12/30/2009. Any idea why it is getting delayed? or whom can I contact to get the status update.

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply!!!!

I Have filed N-400 for my wife on 24 Dec 2009 and she had her finger printing done on 01/22/2010, but it has been more than 2 months now but do not any status yet. It still shows as RFE issued on 12/30/2009. Any idea why it is getting delayed? or whom can I contact to get the status update.

She can go for Infopass for an update or talk with an IO via over the phone.

Thanks for quick reply Bobsymth how can she talk to IO over phone? does she need to call 1-800 number or call the local office here ?

Thanks for quick reply Bobsymth how can she talk to IO over phone? does she need to call 1-800 number or call the local office here ?
She would need to call 1-800 and either request to speak with an IO, or use one of the many techniques to get the customer rep to transfer your call to an IO.

I have the same situation. My wife and I did our FP on 1/20/10, and we have not received the IL yet. I went to the Raleigh office this morning, and the lady there told me that we are still in the process of FBI background check. We had been checked our background when we applied our GCs 5 years ago by FBI, and I do not understand why it take so long this time?

What should we do? Should we call FBI? Does anyone have the FBI number?

Thanks for your help !!

Wula23, my recommendation is to wait for another 2 weeks before you panic or do anything. There seems to be an unexpected delay in their process right now, but the average processing time for this office is around 5-6 month. So I think you are still well within their average processing time frame. Just chill n enjoy and study the US History.