Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

AndyStar,
Hope your infopass goes well.

Could please post your timeline?What date where you interviewed?What date is your wife's oath?I am trying to see the frequency of the Durham Oath scheduling.

Thanks a lot!!

Cascus,
Congratulations on passing your interview!!!!Did you ask to wait for the oath letter?I thought letters were given after the interview.Did the IO say anything about oath dates schedules?

Hey,
He told me that I will receive the oath letter in the mail in a couple of weeks. I did not ask any questions about the scheduling. I hope I answered all your questions.

thanks.

Hi Cascus and everyone,
thanks for the comments.
will be posting what happen with my interview. in the mean time, please keep informing us regarding what is needed for the interview/
congratulations again

Charlotte NC used to be 4 months tops. It used to be the fastest around the country beginning 2007. -

Last edited by a moderator:
Raleigh/Durham used to be 4 months tops. It used to be the fastest around the country beginning 2007. - Now it's more of the same. -

Raleigh/Durham only opened in April 2008. There were a few applicants who applied after the opening who had reported a relative quick processing time, but they were in minority.

Raleigh/Durham only opened in April 2008. There were a few applicants who applied after the opening who had reported a relative quick processing time, but they were in minority.

I am sorry. I screwed up. It was Charlotte, NC.- :cool:

I received my oath letter yesterday.... I am excited!!

Congratulations on getting your oath!!

It seems oaths are now one month after interview in Durham...Interesting,now I wonder what they will do since my FP will expire March 12 if oath will be in April....

hi guys,
I passed my interview on Jan.14, and sill waiting for my oath letter. Now, i am getting a bit nervous here, since people who had interviews after me are already getting their oath letters/dates.
do you think i should get infopass to check things out or would they give me any info if i call 1-800 number? my immigration journey has been pretty smooth so far, so i am a bit confused about what i should do...any advice is highly appreciated!

Time between Interview and Oath -- Raleigh Durham

Hi Everyone

I am interested in the time between interview and oath at the Raleigh Durham DO. Would those with interviews in January and February 2009 please post their interview, oath letter, oath date timelines? I was told I passed and that I should get a letter in the mail in a 'few' weeks.

N400 NOA Priority Date 9/25/2006 (applied under Charlotte DO)
FL 9/29/2006
letter received 10/7/2006
FD: 10/12/2006 asked to reschedule because I was teaching a university class, could not find a substitute on such short notice.
I had all kinds of problems rescheduling biometrics. 3 days notice, letters arriving after appointment had past, etc.
FP Date: 01/05/2008 (Charlotte) Finally!
IL Rec'd 12/11/2008
ID: 01/21/2009 (Charlotte)
Interview Desheduled 12/11/2008 (Apparently to make the Charlotte to Durham change)
2nd Interview Letter received 01/26/2009
Interview Date 02/09/2009 (Durham) Passed!!!! (Congratulations.... If final approval is granted box checked)
Oath Letter 02/23/2009 (received)
Oath Date 03/16/2009 1:30 pm

Hi guys,
I've had my interview in Durham on 1/26 and have not received my oath letter yet. The lady did tell me that I'll have to be in a ceremony with a judge because she did not accept my middle name that I had changed based on my marriage certificate and I had to sign some name change paperwork during the interview. It sounded like there is one "judge ceremony" per month. I wonder how long it could take to get the oath ceremony scheduled.

Hi Guys

Just like to say thank you all for the posted information on this website and the help and understanding it has given me of the naturalization process.

For those of you who are anxious over time lines from interview date to oath ceremony at Durham, I can share with you my experience.

I went to my naturalization interview on 1/28/2009 and I received my notice of oath ceremony today (2/21/2009) in the mail with the ceremony date of 3/16/2009, the letter was mailed on 2/17/2009.

This goes very much in line with a client of mine who went for her interview on 1/18/2009 and received her letter on 2/16/2009 with a 3/9/2009 oath ceremony.

A question? Can my wife bring a camera to take photographs after the ceremony in the building.

Regards

Degsey

N-400 , FP done on 02/11/2009? when can expect interview

Hi I Live in Durham, NC. I have completed my FP on 02/11/2009 for N-400 application. How long do we need to wait before we can expect an Interview letter? I filed for citizenship on Jan 15,2009 based on 5 yrs of green card. Anyone who has N-400 interview please provide their experiences. how long did u guys wait after FP to get an interview letter?

Thanks

Details of N-400

Degsey,

Can you post your N-400 timelines (e.g. N-400 sent, received etc.)?
Thanks

Hi Guys

Just like to say thank you all for the posted information on this website and the help and understanding it has given me of the naturalization process.

For those of you who are anxious over time lines from interview date to oath ceremony at Durham, I can share with you my experience.

I went to my naturalization interview on 1/28/2009 and I received my notice of oath ceremony today (2/21/2009) in the mail with the ceremony date of 3/16/2009, the letter was mailed on 2/17/2009.

This goes very much in line with a client of mine who went for her interview on 1/18/2009 and received her letter on 2/16/2009 with a 3/9/2009 oath ceremony.

A question? Can my wife bring a camera to take photographs after the ceremony in the building.

Regards

Degsey

Hi I Live in Durham, NC. I have completed my FP on 02/11/2009 for N-400 application. How long do we need to wait before we can expect an Interview letter? I filed for citizenship on Jan 15,2009 based on 5 yrs of green card. Anyone who has N-400 interview please provide their experiences. how long did u guys wait after FP to get an interview letter?

Thanks

From recent posts, Raleigh is currently scheduling interview 3-4 months after FP.

Hi Guys

Regards

Degsey

i also received the letter and gonna have oath ceremony on march 16!
my interview was jan. 14

How often are the oath ceremonies?

I got my oath letter!

March 16th, 2009. There seem to be a few of us here taking the oath that day.

Congratulations on the oath letter twinkie and thanks for posting the date!