Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Hi everybody, I'm new here, but been reading this forum for about one week, when I discovered it.
Well one of you, Bobsmyth, had the same day like me, the interview for citizenship (8/28/2008 at Durham Office). I read then a lot of you call and ask about their schedule Oath Ceremony, my question is, which number do you call? what is the best question to ask to prevent from being hanged up? something else... I tried to recognize the abreviations in the timeline but I miss a few. Help me Please!!!!!

Welcome zseyer..what time was your interview? In the morning or afternoon?
As for reaching an Immigration Officer (IO) to ask about your oath date , follow the steps fbanna mentioned above. Just make sure not to mention to the first person you talk to on phone (customer service rep) that you you were already interviewed.

My interview was scheduled at 8:00 am, but it really started at 9:20, and I got out at 9:40, the interviewer was Mr. LUM (I don't know if this is his last name, he wrote this in the paper he gave me)

Thank you everybody, I'll already tried but only automatic service answered the call, I will call tomorrow during office hours.

I want to see if someone is having his oath before me next week. Please, everyone should post his experience to help others. I want to go with my wife, but I am not sure if they will allow families and if photos will be OK since this will be in the Durham DO where cell phones and cameras are prohibited

I want to see if someone is having his oath before me next week. Please, everyone should post his experience to help others. I want to go with my wife, but I am not sure if they will allow families and if photos will be OK since this will be in the Durham DO where cell phones and cameras are prohibited

Green8 mentioned that IO at interview told him family members are allowed, but if they can only accommodate a limited amount of people per oath.
Btw, I scheduled Infopass for tomorrow to see if I can get my oath on same day as my wife.

Green8 mentioned that IO at interview told him family members are allowed, but if they can only accommodate a limited amount of people per oath.
Btw, I scheduled Infopass for tomorrow to see if I can get my oath on same day as my wife.

Please, ask if cameras are allowed. I know cameras are allowed even in the court room when it is naturalization ceremony. However, the security guards at the entrance seem to have no clue of some facts.

They are too strict in my point of view. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck on your interview today Newbie001 ..I hope all went well..report back when you get a chance to let us know.

Good morning everybody!!! I called to USCIS a few minutes ago, the IO told me that she can't provide Oath date since the Oath ceremony schedule depends of how many people are in the list before me !!!!!!! I will try again later, maybe anoher IO tell me something more consistent :mad:

try to make an infopass and see if they can squeeze you in one of the multip[le ceremonies planned for the upcoming weeks.

I just got back from Infopass..they weren't able to squeeze me in for the Oct 1st oath since it was already overbooked..however, they were able to reschedule my wife's oath date to the same date as mine (Oct 6th) so that we can be at the same ceremony as I requested.

I asked IO how many applicants there are per oath..she said 100..when I asked about if cameras are allowed she said yes, they will be allowed for ceremony, but that pictures can only be taken after oath, not during. I didn't go into logistical detail about if security will let us in with camera, but I'm sure they have been told. The IO was very nice asian woman..I wish I can say the same about the person manning the front desk before you get into Infopass..no customer skills whatsoever.

As I was waiting at the Infopass desk, I saw a reminder posted by the IO desk..it says 12 keys to outstanding customer service representative..step 1 was courteous :)

Good morning everybody!!! I called to USCIS a few minutes ago, the IO told me that she can't provide Oath date since the Oath ceremony schedule depends of how many people are in the list before me !!!!!!! I will try again later, maybe anoher IO tell me something more consistent :mad:

zseyer, call later this afternoon and speak with another IO since you have the same interview date as me and my wife and we both know out interview dates. The exact same thing happened to me when I called in the morning..the IO told me either they can't determine date..when I called later in afternoon another IO was able to tell me exact oath date and time.

I just got back from Infopass..they weren't able to squeeze me in for the Oct 1st oath since it was already overbooked..however, they were able to reschedule my wife's oath date to the same date as mine (Oct 6th) so that we can be at the same ceremony as I requested.

I asked IO how many applicants there are per oath..she said 100..when I asked about if cameras are allowed she said yes, they will be allowed for ceremony, but that pictures can only be taken after oath, not during. I didn't go into logistical detail about if security will let us in with camera, but I'm sure they have been told. The IO was very nice asian woman..I wish I can say the same about the person manning the front desk before you get into Infopass..no customer skills whatsoever.

As I was waiting at the Infopass desk, I saw a reminder posted by the IO desk..it says 12 keys to outstanding customer service representative..step 1 was courteous :)

Thanks a lot Bob for tracking down these infos. I am surprised that they allow photos only after the oath. They will probably change their minds.

Bobsmyth, so i am not taking my oath with the first lady anymore ? :eek:

That is fine. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks a lot Bob for tracking down these infos. I am surprised that they allow photos only after the oath. They will probably change their minds.

Bobsmyth, so i am not taking my oath with the first lady anymore ? :eek:

That is fine. I will let you know how it goes.

I'm guessing they don't want people to disrupt the oath by camera flashes or that the DO has some security policy that forbids taking pictures of oath itself.

Sorry that you won't be taking oath with first lady..you can always make Infopass to see if they can reschedule you for the 6th ;)

Seems Durham is different to Charlotte - when my wife did her oath last year, they were extremely liberal with cameras and taking photos. They welcomed photos, even during the actual oath and even invited photographers to stand anywhere they wanted during the ceremony to get the pictures they wanted.