Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Just did an InfoPass - apparently they are doing Oaths pretty much everyday from next week on. IO gave me an Oath letter there and then. As you say, he had a poker face, but a heart of gold. Oct 6th, 10:30am for me :)

So today I got the OL in the mail for my wife..USCIS scheduled it for Oct 1st at 2:30pm..I haven't received mine yet but it's been scheduled for Oct 6 at 1:30pm..USCIS scheduled them for different days even though we had interview on same day 20 mins apart...go figure..USCIS can't get anything right.

Just did an InfoPass - apparently they are doing Oaths pretty much everyday from next week on. IO gave me an Oath letter there and then. As you say, he had a poker face, but a heart of gold. Oct 6th, 10:30am for me :)

Congratulations. justjim...this again confirms they are doing several oaths a day. I'm guessing they are scheduling about 25 people per oath since they are holding several per day.

:D:D

Finally, I got my oath scheduled on Oct 2nd at 1:30pm.

Here's how I got it -- I went to InfoPass again today(Sep 24th) in Durham DO . The IO told me that I am not in oath Q. I said it has been almost 120 days since I passed the interview (June 9th, 2008). The IO has a poker face but I believe he has a wonderful heart, because he asked me to wait in the room and sent my case to another office in the building. After 15 minutes of waiting, a lady came out and called my name, then gave me an oath letter for next Thursday.

Finally, finally, finally, I think can see the light now! :D Yeah!!!

Congratulations green8..good thing you had a proactive IO at Infopass and not one that told you to wait another 30 days.

So today I got the OL in the mail for my wife..USCIS scheduled it for Oct 1st at 2:30pm..I haven't received mine yet but it's been scheduled for Oct 6 at 1:30pm..USCIS scheduled them for different days even though we had interview on same day 20 mins apart...go figure..USCIS can't get anything right.

Does this mean that after you've written up your oath experience, we'll no longer have the pleasure of your sagely advice? ;)

Bob, i will be having same oath with your wife. What a pleasure to be sworn in with the first lady of immigrationportal.com.. :p

Bob, i will be having same oath with your wife. What a pleasure to be sworn in with the first lady of immigrationportal.com.. :p

That's true..I had told her just yesterday that there's a possibility USCIS won't schedule us on same day..to that she said "but you will come with me to oath, right?"
Now my question is whether they allow guests to appear at the Durham DO since the security officers seem to be very strict..My other option is to schedule Infopass and see if they can schedule me for same day. It's almost a 40 min drive for me to DO so I rather only have to go once and get it over with. Even by doing Infopass ,I would still have to make a trip with no guarantees of outcome.

Now my question is whether they allow guests to appear at the Durham DO since the security officers seem to be very strict..

I asked this question before I left today as a couple of my friends wanna witness my OC. The officer said they do allow guess to come in, however, if there are too many people for the oath, the guests may need to wait outside the building.

I asked this question before I left today as a couple of my friends wanna witness my OC. The officer said they do allow guess to come in, however, if there are too many people for the oath, the guests may need to wait outside the building.

Good to know green8..thanks..did you happen to ask how many applicants are at each oath ceremony?

Just did an InfoPass - apparently they are doing Oaths pretty much everyday from next week on.
so does that mean that the chances of getting same day oath better now for Durham DO, or is that still a 'no'?

Last edited by a moderator:
so are the chances of getting same day oath better now for Durham DO, or is that still a 'no'?

I would say "no" for same day oath at Durham since the upcoming oaths have all been scheduled due to rush before election registration deadline Oct 10. That's not to say that you won't get an IO at your interview that out of the blue offers you a same day oath if there happens to be one the day of your interview;it just means the chances are very slim that would happen.

I am new to the forum, but been reading good information since a month.

I just talked to IO, he said I missed my oath but I never received any OL and oath missed letter. He give me a refrence number and said I will be rescheduled and get oath in couple months. :mad:
Is there anything I can do to make it quicker ?

I am new to the forum, but been reading good information since a month.

I just talked to IO, he said I missed my oath but I never received any OL and oath missed letter. He give me a refrence number and said I will be rescheduled and get oath in couple months. :mad:
Is there anything I can do to make it quicker ?

Can you post your timeline as well please to help others.

There's really nothing you can do to make it quicker. Just make sure to speak with an IO on a weekly basis to make sure your oath letter doesn't get lost again.

Hi everybody, I'm new here, but been reading this forum for about one week, when I discovered it.
Well one of you, Bobsmyth, had the same day like me, the interview for citizenship (8/28/2008 at Durham Office). I read then a lot of you call and ask about their schedule Oath Ceremony, my question is, which number do you call? what is the best question to ask to prevent from being hanged up? something else... I tried to recognize the abreviations in the timeline but I miss a few. Help me Please!!!!!

Simply call the customer service and play a little game. 1-800-375-5283 and choose options 1-2-3. Tell them that you have applied more than 30 days but have not received a receipt notice. it is a little game. Then, they will transfert you to an immigration Officer. That has been so far the only clever game to get to speak to IO. When they put you with the IO, tell him that you want to check your case and give him/her you A# or Receipt #. he will ask you some questions like your address, etc ... to verify your identity and you will be able to get the most recent update on your case. Good luck ;)

- same day as me, so here's hoping I see you at the ceremony.

(infopass appointment tomorrow - hopefully, I will get the same news as you.)

Congrats.

Thanks, Just Jim!

So we do have oath on the same day but it seemed at a different time. I don't have anything in writing but the IO told me mine is at 9am.

It appears they have at least 3 ceremonies on Oct. 6. Bob's is in the afternoon.

Hi everybody, I'm new here, but been reading this forum for about one week, when I discovered it.
Well one of you, Bobsmyth, had the same day like me, the interview for citizenship (8/28/2008 at Durham Office). I read then a lot of you call and ask about their schedule Oath Ceremony, my question is, which number do you call? what is the best question to ask to prevent from being hanged up? something else... I tried to recognize the abreviations in the timeline but I miss a few. Help me Please!!!!!

PD-priority date,
NOA, I guess notification of acceptance
FP-finger print
IL-interview notice letter
ID-date of interview
OL, OD, oath letter and oath date
IO, I assume it means immigration officer.