Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Just update from my end. Though the interview is done on June 17th and there is a news floating around about September 5th Oath Ceremony, so far there is no Oath letter in the mail. Keeping my fingers crossed. I will keep all of you posted if I receive something. Good luck to those who will be going for interview soon!

My successful interview was July 10th at the Durham field office and I'm waiting for my oath letter, too. I'll post here as soon as I get mine. I'm still hoping for September 5th; my IO said "in September" when I asked her when my oath ceremony might be.

I just talked to the IO after being transfer from the customer service and she said the interview letter was mailed to me on Aug 11 for charlotte and she can't tell me when the interview will be

I just talked to the IO after being transfer from the customer service and she said the interview letter was mailed to me on Aug 11 for charlotte and she can't tell me when the interview will be

Try calling again and speak with another IO. They have the interview date available on their screen.

i insisted to know the date but she said the only thing i can see on the screen the interview notice has been mailed on Aug 11 for charlotte. Anyway, i am alittle concern, i changed my address on Aug 8 and the interview letter has sent out on Aug 11, do you think the change of address will take effect right a way once you did online? i am not sure where i will get the notice in the old or new address

i insisted to know the date but she said the only see i can see on the screen the interview notice has been mailed on Aug 11 for charlotte. Anyway, i am alittle concern, i changed my address on Aug 8 and the interview letter has sent out on Aug 11, do you think the change of address will take effect right a way once you did online? i am not sure where i will get the notice in the old or new address

Try speaking with another IO or do an Infopass.
As for address change, I wouldn't be surprised if it was sent to old address.

OK. The September 5th naturalization oath ceremony during the grand opening of the new Raleigh Convention Center is happening three weeks from yesterday. We've heard that the ceremony will include up to 1,000 new to-be citizens. We haven't heard of anyone receiving an invitation to that ceremony yet, with at least three on this thread having passed interviews in June and July. From other threads, I've seen that the oath invitation letters (when not handed out after the interview) are usually mailed 2-4 weeks ahead of the date.

I hope to see a lot of mailings next week and that those of you with interviews later this month will be given your Raleigh September 5th oath letters after you pass the interview!

Today, i got the IL notice in the mail and set for Oct 22, Charlotte DO. sounds like charlotte is reaching end of 2007

PD: 12/12/2007
FP: 3/17/2008
ID: 10/22/2008

Today, i got the IL notice in the mail and set for Oct 22, Charlotte DO. sounds like charlotte is reaching end of 2007

PD: 12/12/2007
FP: 3/17/2008
ID: 10/22/2008

Hi naso we'll be interviewed the same date, mine is at 12.40 pm.

Yes. My interview at 12:40 PM. I am wonder is the USCIS goes by the PD or not. Honestly, i did not expect to get the IL sooner. But the letter indicated that to appear for natrualization INITIAL INTERVIEW. Any i dea what it is? the letter ask to bring 4 items

1-green card
2-selective service registration
3- passport or any other docment used in any connection with entries into the US

Last edited by a moderator:
But the letter indicated that to appear for natrualization INITIAL INTERVIEW. Any i dea what it is? the letter ask to bring 4 items

Initial interview is the main interview. The second "interview" are the few questions they ask you at oath to see if any of your main circumstances have changed since main interview.

My interview has been set for Wed Oct 22 2008 at 12:40 PM for Charlotte, possible to get the same day oath?

My interview has been set for Wed Oct 22 2008 at 12:40 PM for Charlotte, possible to get the same day oath?

I haven't seen any reports of same day oath availability at Charlotte. The closest was next day oath as reported by gatedgal a few months ago.

Latest Info?

Hello Guys,
This is such a wonderful forum with wonderful people.I just want to ask a few questions:

1.)Those who have recently had their interviews,what were the questions asked?

2.)What documents did they specifically ask to see during the interview?

3.) What is the generic interview letter like now?

Any other information of relevance per latest procedure during the interviews.

Thanks a whole lot!

Hello Guys,
This is such a wonderful forum with wonderful people.I just want to ask a few questions:

1.)Those who have recently had their interviews,what were the questions asked?
Questions are randomly selected by computer from the list of 96 question in the naturalization guide.
www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf
2.)What documents did they specifically ask to see during the interview?
The document checklist is on the interview letter:
http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/normal_N-659front.jpg

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/normal_N-659back.jpg

3.) What is the generic interview letter like now?
See answer in question 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
got my IL yesterday

I got my interview letter yesterday, same is for my spouse

it is scheduled for October 23rd in Charlotte DO.

my timeline is as follows:-

PD - December 26th 2007
FP - February 27th 2007
IL - August 11th 2008
ID - October 23rd 2008

Hope this helps. Now the reading starts....

Busy week ahead at Durham DO

Next week we have interviews at Durham DO for safferjoe(8/27), myself(8/28) , and fbanna(8/29). Hopefully we'll hear some good news about the Sept 5th ceremony.