Questions regarding I-130 approval

lake65

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I, a US Citizen filed a petition for for my mother in December 2011 who is in home country. I-130 has been recently approved.

I am a home maker. My husband will be joint sponsor. We recieved the I-130 approval letter and it said that they have sent the original visa petition to Department of state national visa center (NVC).

I just want to find out what will be the next step? Who will recieve the next correspondence from NVC, myself or my mother in home country?

Thanks in advance.

Lake65

Hi,

I, a US Citizen filed a petition for for my mother in December 2011 who is in home country. I-130 has been recently approved.

I am a home maker. My husband will be joint sponsor. We recieved the I-130 approval letter and it said that they have sent the original visa petition to Department of state national visa center (NVC).

I just want to find out what will be the next step? Who will recieve the next correspondence from NVC, myself or my mother in home country?

Thanks in advance.

Lake65

NVC will send you a letter with the case number and other information which you will need to log in to their website and pay the reqiured fee. Get a choise of agent form signed my your mother nad send it to NVC.

thank you for your response. I did not understand the last part of your response which is "Get a choise of agent form signed my your mother nad send it to NVC. " what is nad? I would really appreciate if you can explain. thanks in advance.

thank you for your response. I did not understand the last part of your response which is "Get a choise of agent form signed my your mother nad send it to NVC. " what is nad? I would really appreciate if you can explain. thanks in advance.

Your mom will need to either have correspondence sent to her directly or she can select another person to act on her behalf. It should be self explanatory. Just wait for contact from NVC.

Your mom will need to either have correspondence sent to her directly or she can select another person to act on her behalf. It should be self explanatory. Just wait for contact from NVC.

Thank You. I will wait for the letter from NVC.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Lake65

May I know which center did you file your I-130? It seems took 5 months to be approved (since you said you filed in Dec 2011 an just got approved).

I finally recieved a letter from NVC yesterday. it has asked me to pay affidavit of support fee $88.00 and to choose an agent form. I paid the fee online. on the form I understand, my mom has to select the agent and sign the form because it said applicant's signature and it is addressed to my mom but she is outside US in my home country. what should we do? do I have to choose somebody as agent in my home country? or we can anybody here in US like my husband?

Thank You
Lake65

I finally recieved a letter from NVC yesterday. it has asked me to pay affidavit of support fee $88.00 and to choose an agent form. I paid the fee online. on the form I understand, my mom has to select the agent and sign the form because it said applicant's signature and it is addressed to my mom but she is outside US in my home country. what should we do? do I have to choose somebody as agent in my home country? or we can anybody here in US like my husband?

Thank You
Lake65

Anybody can be designated for her correspondence. Nowadays people sign and fax (or scan and e-mail) documents all the time. that part is not too big of a deal.

Anybody can be designated for her correspondence. Nowadays people sign and fax (or scan and e-mail) documents all the time. that part is not too big of a deal.

Thank you. Now I have the agent form signed by my mother. I called the NVC today and they said I need to fill out form I864 and my husband has to fill one too because I don't work. So basically what I understand is that we both need toi fill form I864 and send them back with the choice of agent form.

is this right? because when I looked online there are a lot of forms related to affidavit of support. I am a little confused. can somebody help me?

Thanks
Lake65

Thank you. Now I have the agent form signed by my mother. I called the NVC today and they said I need to fill out form I864 and my husband has to fill one too because I don't work. So basically what I understand is that we both need toi fill form I864 and send them back with the choice of agent form.

is this right? because when I looked online there are a lot of forms related to affidavit of support. I am a little confused. can somebody help me?

Thanks
Lake65

The I-864 is the correct form for an Immigrant Visa petitioner (you) and you are also the "primary sponsor" for I-864 purposes. The SAME form is used by the "joint sponsor" (your spouse).