Questions regarding advance parole

maverick13

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to file concurrent i140/i485 ASAP.
I have a couple of questions regarding:
1) I will be travelling outside the country after filing AOS. I have my H1 approval but it is not stamped in the passport as yet. I will get it stamped before returning to the US. Do I still need to apply for Advance Parole. Or is stamped H1B enough to renter?
2) My wife has F-1 visa stamped in her passport. After we file her AOS, does she need avance parole for travelling outside the country?
3) How much time does it take to get advace parole approved?

Gurus, please help!

maverick13 said:
I am planning to file concurrent i140/i485 ASAP.
----------------also file EAD AP with I-485, it is good back up
I have a couple of questions regarding:
1) I will be travelling outside the country after filing AOS. I have my H1 approval but it is not stamped in the passport as yet. I will get it stamped before returning to the US.
----------- if you belong to India then it is taking about 2 months for Visa stamping interview date. Get H1 visa stamp then enter on H1 status or apply AP with I-485 and once AP gets approved before your departure from US take the AP if you want to use AP. better go out after you get I-485 filing reciept
Do I still need to apply for Advance Parole. Or is stamped H1B enough to renter?
-----------read above, better have valid AP in hand if you belong to India
2) My wife has F-1 visa stamped in her passport. After we file her AOS, does she need avance parole for travelling outside the country?
------------file her EAD and AP, she can use AP
3) How much time does it take to get advace parole approved?
-----------depends on your service center it may take 2-3 months
Gurus, please help!

Ginnu,

One quick question. My and my spouse AP got approved on July 27 ( email updates and status chnage onlien) But we did not get the PA approval notice. Lawyer says she enquired wiith USCIS and that we should apply for a new AP !! IS there no other way ?

Also, We are on H1, we have EAD and we will be stampoing h1 and H4 visa in India. IS it OK if we dont have an AP in hand and travel on H1 ?

Thanks

willgetgc2005 said:
Ginnu,

One quick question. My and my spouse AP got approved on July 27 ( email updates and status chnage onlien) But we did not get the PA approval notice. Lawyer says she enquired wiith USCIS and that we should apply for a new AP !! IS there no other way ?
-------------if AP was filed through lawyer then lawyer gets AP, ask him to check it ,did lawyer changed address after filing AP? why cant lawyer write to USCIS to send it again? or he did not apply?
Also, We are on H1, we have EAD and we will be stampoing h1 and H4 visa in India. IS it OK if we dont have an AP in hand and travel on H1 ?
------------it is OK if you get stamps on time, having AP in hand would be better if delay in Stamping so that you can enter on AP if any problems with Visa stamping

Thanks

Ginnu please answer

Ginnu

What if I do the following:

I would apply for my concurrent i140/485 ASAP under EB-2 ASAP. My wife is on F-1. Also we will be travelling to India in December. I want to come back on H1B as I have 4 more years on it and my wife would like to come back on F-1. That way we wont have to apply for Advance Paroles. So
1) Can I apply my 485 right now and my wife's 485 after returning from India, in January? Is there a problem doing so?

People, please help!

maverick13 said:
Ginnu

What if I do the following:

I would apply for my concurrent i140/485 ASAP under EB-2 ASAP. My wife is on F-1. Also we will be travelling to India in December. I want to come back on H1B as I have 4 more years on it and my wife would like to come back on F-1. That way we wont have to apply for Advance Paroles. So
1) Can I apply my 485 right now and my wife's 485 after returning from India, in January? Is there a problem doing so?

People, please help!
--I dont post related to F1 better check with your lawyer

Advance parole

Me and my family planning to travel to asia next week, and we both have valid EAD and AP.

1. I heard from some body that, when you are not having valid H1 and only have EAD/AP, you need to have transit Visa? Is that true. I know, when you are going through Europe, you need transit Visa, but never heard of going via Hongkong and Singapore. Can you please advise.

2. And we have applied for renewal of Advance parole, does it makes any problem, if it is approved, while we are abroad. Please note, I am returning to US BEFORE the expiry of my old AP.

I have two copies of AP, is one for going and one for coming? or is it two sets?

gc_ssr said:
Me and my family planning to travel to asia next week, and we both have valid EAD and AP.

1. I heard from some body that, when you are not having valid H1 and only have EAD/AP, you need to have transit Visa? Is that true.
----------- true but if you are coming via Amsterdam you dont need trasit visa
I know, when you are going through Europe, you need transit Visa, but never heard of going via Hongkong and Singapore.
----------ask the airline you are flying
Can you please advise.

2. And we have applied for renewal of Advance parole, does it makes any problem, if it is approved, while we are abroad.
---------you may not able to use that
Please note, I am returning to US BEFORE the expiry of my old AP.
--that is ok

I have two copies of AP, is one for going and one for coming? or is it two sets?
--------- for going out you dont need AP you need AP to take a flight to US, you have to show AP at airline counter before taking flight to US and then show AP at US POE
** keep all the AP with you and I-485 filing reciept with you