Questions on Final Approval by Supervisor

syriano

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I had my interview 10 days ago and my application was stamped Approved. However I found out today that my application is still pending "supervisor approval":confused:

I'm just curious, what is exactly the supervisor's role in this case if the application had already been approved? And how long I should wait before I start complaining?

Thanks

In some cases a supervisor must review the facts of an approved case before releasing it on to the oath queue. This could take anywhere from several days to several months depending on DO and supervisor workload.

In some cases a supervisor must review the facts of an approved case before releasing it on to the oath queue. This could take anywhere from several days to several months depending on DO and supervisor workload.
Does it mean that there is "something" in an approved case to be rechecked and it may (theoretically) be denied after recommendation for approval?
Some people get oath or their oath letters after interviews. Does it mean these cases do not require additional approval/consideration?
If an approved case does not require additional approval, does it mean that it will go directly to an oath queue or it should "processed" first (by processing I mean some kind of authorization for the case to be put into the queue, order naturalization certificate etc)?

I don't recall ever seeing an approved case later denied by a supervisor, but it can happen. That's the role of the supervisor, make sure the IO hasn't made any mistakes and approved someone that didn't warrant approval. Perhaps the applicant gets called for a second interview. The normal outcome I've seen in this forum is that the case is approved, it usually takes 3 or 4 weeks, but every case is different.
Some offices do same day oaths, or might give the oath letter after interview. I would assume that in those cases supervisor approval is not needed. Some people report being asked to wait for the letter, or the IO goes out and returns, it is possible the supervisor approves at that time. Anyway, another assumption would be that only a certain percentage of cases go to supervisor. It might have to do with seniority of the IO or if the supervisor is suspicious about the performance of that IO. I wouldn't try to read a lot into it.