Questions about renewing AP & EAD, Please help!

priceline

Registered Users (C)
My employer is in North Carolina and applied for GC in TSC. My 140 is approved and waiting for 485.

I work in Seattle, Washington( I am working on H1 for a different company). Planning to join with GC company in October.

I have few questions for renewal of EAD/AP:
Where to send EAP/AP renewal documents to?
Is it better to file online or by mail? I heard eFiling is taking long time to process, is it true?
Can I travel to India while AP is in processing(We have valid AP till Oct 1st, and we are planning to come back well before that)

I have past 90 day window for about 5 days? What is the significance of 90 day window. Thank you,

priceline said:
My employer is in North Carolina and applied for GC in TSC. My 140 is approved and waiting for 485.

I work in Seattle, Washington( I am working on H1 for a different company). Planning to join with GC company in October.

I have few questions for renewal of EAD/AP:
Where to send EAP/AP renewal documents to?
----- to the service center where your I-485 is pending
Is it better to file online or by mail? I heard eFiling is taking long time to process, is it true?
--------- i prefer paper filing
Can I travel to India while AP is in processing(We have valid AP till Oct 1st, and we are planning to come back well before that)
----------- if you have valid AP in hand you can use that AP to enter US before that AP expires

Why do you prefer paper filing? 485 receipt has the address? Where can I find the address. Can they transfer the 485 case without notifying me or my lawyer? Thanks for your answers.

priceline said:
Why do you prefer paper filing?
------ becase it will have the cover letter with your name, A# DOB, I-485 reciept# your address and signed form , fees, photo, copy of I-485 filing, copy of DL, copy of passport page that show you name, photo, DOB and everything will be in file and easy for officer to approve EAD when everything is before him and he has not to search for it. it was just a suggesion you can efile if you like efiling and after efiling you have to go for fingerprint and may have to call 1-800 and have to send Supporting Documentation.
485 receipt has the address?
----------- I-485 reciept has the reciept # it may start with EAC, LIN,...
Where can I find the address.
-------- just check the I-485 reciept look at it post if it starts with LIN EAC......
Can they transfer the 485 case without notifying me or my lawyer?
--- if USCIS transfer the case they send notice to lawyer who filed your I-485. check the status of your I-485 online by punching I-485 reciept#
Thanks for your answers.
- as you wrote in your first post that your I-140 and I-485 is filed with TSC then file with TSC

if you are paper filing then send it to:
USCIS TSC
PO Box 851041
Mesquite, TX 75185-1041

if Efiling then:
I-765 E-Filed – Supporting Documentation to

USCIS TSC
ATTN: E-Filed I-765
PO Box 852401
Mesquite, TX 75185-2401

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I send all 4 documents as one packet?

EAP and AP applications for myself and my wife. can I send all these 4 applications in one packet with 4 different envelops inside?

or does it have to be separately mailed? Is next day delivery ok? Thanks,

Also, Do I have to send all the 11-12 pages of the application?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever applied for Employment authorization before?

which date should i use? Receipt date, Notice Date or approved date?