• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Questions about forms DSP-122 and DS-230

Put your address information the way it is.
Momo, please, you mean put the address where I am currently now and not my home(country) address. right?

in the form DS 122, they do actually ask about the consulate where you will be interviewed. they ask for the nearest to you. can I put the one of my preference, which is not necessarily the one that is closest to the address (the current one) I provided in the same form?

Put your address information the way it is.
Momo, please, you mean put the address where I am currently now and not my home(country) address. right?

in the form DS 122, they do actually ask about the consulate where you will be interviewed. they ask for the nearest to you. can I put the one of my preference, which is not necessarily the one that is closest to the address (the current one) I provided in the same form?

confusion 2

Many many thanks to MOMO...u really took off a big load from my head...
My next question is how much balance do we have to show for self petition n do they seek this balance at date of interview or we hav to show 3 months balance...
In addition. ..I dnt knw yet which city I am going to stay..so does it make difference if I choose one place now n change my mind later
Plz help me again...

Hello Dali,

Yes you put your current address where you are at the moment not your home country address.

Many many thanks to MOMO...u really took off a big load from my head...
My next question is how much balance do we have to show for self petition n do they seek this balance at date of interview or we hav to show 3 months balance...
In addition. ..I dnt knw yet which city I am going to stay..so does it make difference if I choose one place now n change my mind later
Plz help me again...

Hello Bini,

If you are a self-petitioner then from what I know (and from what our forum friend aos13 has also said), the amount should be between $10,000 and $15,000 in savings. You need to take bank statements with you for approximately 6 months to the interview.

You can choose a city now and move after receiving your Green Card and SSN (I'm doing the same thing at one point i.e. I will be staying with my uncle in Pennsylvania then moving eventually to my own place).

Ensure you have an address in the US where your Green Card and SSN will be sent. If you don't have a host but have a job offer lined up you may use your US employer's address to receive them.

Hi,
What is meant by petitioner in item 39 of form DS 230.
it is usually used for someone who is sponsoring your application. but it doesn't apply for the DV, does it?

The Petitioner in a DV case is the principal applicant/main selectee.

Dsp 122

Hi
I have questions about 6b -Name of all schools, university, colleges attended.
Does this include elementary school all the way up to the highest education I have done? Does it also include colleges where I took transfer credits from? Will I be needing to bring a proof that I have attended all these schools later for either Form 485 or interview purposes?
Thanks for your help.

Hi
I have questions about 6b -Name of all schools, university, colleges attended.
Does this include elementary school all the way up to the highest education I have done? Does it also include colleges where I took transfer credits from? Will I be needing to bring a proof that I have attended all these schools later for either Form 485 or interview purposes?
Thanks for your help.

No, it does not include elementary schools. I suggest you make your life easier and only list the pertinent schools, there's no point listing institutions you did not obtain a degree/diploma from in my opinion. And yes, if you do AOS, you will need to to provide proofs of these schools with your I-4885 and at the interview.

No, it does not include elementary schools. I suggest you make your life easier and only list the pertinent schools, there's no point listing institutions you did not obtain a degree/diploma from in my opinion. And yes, if you do AOS, you will need to to provide proofs of these schools with your I-4885 and at the interview.

Thanks very much

momo

Thanks a lot momo for ur response...
i will b back again if i have any confusion,,:)

Thanks Momo. I am convinced.

on the other hand, after re-reading the question about the US consulate. First, they do ask: name the US consular Office where you would like to process your application. This is usually....

1. The point is that they do use "you would like" meaning a preference. "usually" meaning not necessarily. am i right in assuming that I can choose to have my interview in my home country rather than the country where I live?

2. could the choice of Tunisia or Saudi impact my chances of getting interviewed (I am a high number) ?
3. in my Notification letter they did put Riyadh (Saudi) as the Post.

I called KCC.
They say that you may choose the US consulate you want to process your visa.
I missed to ask if it would make a difference, date of appointment-wise. any idea?

Thanks Momo. I am convinced.

on the other hand, after re-reading the question about the US consulate. First, they do ask: name the US consular Office where you would like to process your application. This is usually....

1. The point is that they do use "you would like" meaning a preference. "usually" meaning not necessarily. am i right in assuming that I can choose to have my interview in my home country rather than the country where I live?

2. could the choice of Tunisia or Saudi impact my chances of getting interviewed (I am a high number) ?
3. in my Notification letter they did put Riyadh (Saudi) as the Post.

I will answer your questions sequentially:

1) Preference of interview location - this doesn't matter i.e. you can have it in your home country or where you presently live. It is entirely your choice according to your convenience.

2) Location vis-a-vis interview - your case number doesn't have anything to do with the location to my knowledge because the case numbers are dependent on the cut-offs on the visa bulletin. If your letter states Saudi Arabia then have your interview there so it is consistent with your application.

DS-230: list of employment for the last 10 years

Regarding item #32 of DS-230 “list of employment for the last 10 years”: I did my masters’ degree in the US and was allowed to work for 1 year within the Optional Practical Training (OPT) Program. During the OPT period I only worked for temporary agencies. It was one to two month jobs here and then. I was paid by the hour. I filed my tax return accordingly, mentioning these temporary agencies as employers in 2005 and 2006 as they did provide me with the W-2 forms. I also worked in my University. I have also done some consulting jobs where I was given the 1099-Misc form.

Question: Should I mention the temporary agencies, the University, and the consulting/non-employee jobs under item #32 of DS-230 “list of employment for the last 10 years”? Thanks.

Regarding item #32 of DS-230 “list of employment for the last 10 years”: I did my masters’ degree in the US and was allowed to work for 1 year within the Optional Practical Training (OPT) Program. During the OPT period I only worked for temporary agencies. It was one to two month jobs here and then. I was paid by the hour. I filed my tax return accordingly, mentioning these temporary agencies as employers in 2005 and 2006 as they did provide me with the W-2 forms. I also worked in my University. I have also done some consulting jobs where I was given the 1099-Misc form.

Question: Should I mention the temporary agencies, the University, and the consulting/non-employee jobs under item #32 of DS-230 “list of employment for the last 10 years”? Thanks.

Yes indicate them as it would add weight on the background check they will do on you and if you need more room indicate the information on a supplementary sheet.

Don't forget to indicate your details as per your selection letter on the top right hand corner of all extra sheets.

Hi
MOmo...
my case number is 2014AS00005*** n i am from nepal bt currently living in london as i have already stated before..since i am planning to apply from here bt i am feared tht if my interview takes more than 1 year then it will b a great problem for me...since i have visa for london only upto april 2014...so do you think my case number is high n it will take more than 1 year...plz help me...
furthermore do i have to tick on 'yes' in social security number in form?
plj help