• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Questions About "aos", Somebody Can Help Me?

jjaspe

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I am DV 2008 winner. I received the NL on March 14th, 2007 and I sent the DSP-122 and DS-230 to KCC on March 29th. I'm living in US with L2 visa and my case number is below 400 (SA). I choose AOS process.

1)What is the next step????
2)When my number will be current? I don't understand the Visa Bulletin:confused:
3) It is possible that I will get my interview in October?
4)Once my number be current what should I do?

Sorry If you don't understand my questions because I'm still learning English.

Thanks!

Hi, I am DV 2008 winner. I received the NL on March 14th, 2007 and I sent the DSP-122 and DS-230 to KCC on March 29th. I'm living in US with L2 visa and my case number is below 400 (SA). I choose AOS process.

1)What is the next step????
2)When my number will be current? I don't understand the Visa Bulletin:confused:
3) It is possible that I will get my interview in October?
4)Once my number be current what should I do?

Sorry If you don't understand my questions because I'm still learning English.

Thanks!
1. To pay the fee (it's in the instructions you received with the letter).
2. October, 2007.
3. It depends how soon in October you will send the applications for AOS.
4. You should apply for adjusting your status, getting permanent resident status. Read more on this forum and at www.uscis.gov.

Anahit,

Can you clarify 3 and 4?

Do you send i-485 right on Oct 1? Or you wait for case number to become current as per visa bulletin?

Anahit,
Do you send i-485 right on Oct 1? Or you wait for case number to become current as per visa bulletin?
You send I-485 when your number is current.
The reason I said October was because I thought you had an AS number below 400, which would have been current in October. My mistake. :eek:
It's SA not AS, in which case your number would probably be current in December, so you do need to wait until it's current.

I JUST RECEIVED AN E-MAIL FROM KCC:

"Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Interviews for the DV 2008 program will begin in October 2007 and conclude on September 30, 2008. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Appointments are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. After August 15, 2007, you may refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers being processed. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter. If you are scheduled for an interview, KCC will send a notification letter via the address you provided on question three of the DSP 122."

Not really, I'm still waiting... I know this is a long process. I have not received the 2nd. letter yet... and I think I need to wait until August, check the Visa Bulletin and keep me in touch with all of you... Thanks!!!!

People,

Can you answer for the following question?

I am a student and F-1 holder. My visa expired a year ago, but I have a valid I-20. Will I have any problem with the AOS in future? In my university, the international student officer explains me that the I-20 is an indicator of my legal stay in the USA and I need to renew my visa if I would like to go somewhere outside of the USA. Does anyone know how the USCIS look into this problem? I called them but I was connected to any of the representative of the USCIS. I only got some general information.

Appreciate any information regarding my problem.

Best

your international advisor is correct. As long as you are maintaining your student status by enrolling fulltime, not working illegally, and your I-20 is valid - you are in legal F-1 status. You will need a visa only if you leave the States and need to reenter.

Did you win DV yet?

Yes, I won and my number is EU00011xxx. I am kinda in a zone of indecision. Should I process further documentation through the USCIS or CP? What do you think?

it's really up to you. The number is not too high and not too low. There are risks associated with both ways, so you have to choose...