Question

HussainD

Hello! I would like to ask a question regarding previous international travel. If a person who has history of international travel to another country being persecuted in his home country applies for asylum in USA about a year after that visit, how would that information affect the case? Will they say you should have applied for protection in that country?

Not really! It is your choice where you apply for asylum and it is the Immigration department's choice to grant or deny you.

Not really! It is your choice where you apply for asylum and it is the Immigration department's choice to grant or deny you.

But persecution of the applicant in his home country started before that visit. Wouldn't it weaken credibility of the claim in the eyes of decision makers as the applicant was let go and then returned back to danger, so is he really in danger? I thought that in such a case credibility could have been saved only if a person is able to demonstrate and prove another instances of persecution that took place after his return. Am i not right?

Last edited by a moderator:
USA is another continent so based on fear this might be a choice to be as far as possible!