Question?

hopeofgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,
I have a question. As one of my friend's got picked by INS recently due to voilation of not attending the court about his rejected application (css lulac case). Now, his attorney is filed the MTR and trying to get the court date. So, my friend is being sent to County jail now.

My question is i recently got GC. So if i vist him at county jail, would it jeopardize my GC status or in future for citizenship?

Please let me know gurus.

Thanks

Real Cannadian I had 2 lud's yesterday and today. Do you think it means a fast approval?
What would happen now, because my pd is not current? Can I still get approval?

It probably doesn't mean anything, except maybe they have completed your name check, or are about to approve your EAD or AP.

No. Why would it?

Thanks for your response. Since i have a connection with a friend who is illegal and in jail as well?
Do i need to carry my GC along? What information do i need to provide the country jail authorities while i visit him there? I normally carry just DL while in US. I know as per law, we need to carry the GC as well.

Coming to my friend's case, his case (css lulac) was rejected and never attended(received) the court (date). So, his attorney has filed the MTR and trying for the court date and he says that judge is not able to get the date any sooner since his case was rejected sometime back. He says my friend could be in for sometime. Once his attorney gets the court date, can he stay in US by re-open the case? Does he need to re-apply start again? Also, what is S visa ? Who are eligible for that type of visa? I have no much information about this css lulac case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you yourself have been convicted of something and have been released on parole/probation with the condition of not associating with any convicts, you are free to visit whoever you want, in or outside of prison, except terrorists.

Bring your DL and GC, but only show your GC if specifically asked for it.

Since i have a connection with a friend who is illegal and in jail as well?

Unless you have been actively assisting or harboring him, last time I checked guilt by association didn't occur in America.

Also, what is S visa ? Who are eligible for that type of visa?

If memory serves correctly, the S visa is also known as the "Snitch visa". If your friend can provide assistance to the US by informing on criminals, he can be granted permanent residence. You can help him out by plotting to break into the jail to free him, then right before you do so, he informs the police and can get an S-visa. :D

Unless you have been actively assisting or harboring him, last time I checked guilt by association didn't occur in America.

----> I am not assisting him actively. His spouse is taking care of about his case through attorney. But he calls me sometime from there using collect call? Is that ok?

If memory serves correctly, the S visa is also known as the "Snitch visa". If your friend can provide assistance to the US by informing on criminals, he can be granted permanent residence. You can help him out by plotting to break into the jail to free him, then right before you do so, he informs the police and can get an S-visa. :D

-----> Thanks for the info. and thoughtful advice. I am neither fool nor crazy. ;)
Anyways, his wife talked to one of the attorney and he suggested idea about switching him to S visa, which i doubt he would be eligible. I guess he would have
to continue on re-open/MTR for his CSS LULAC case.

Thanks for your response

Last edited by a moderator: