question

bir999

Registered Users (C)
i am applying for my 3rd ead

my last entry was on advance parole an all the immigration stuff was done when i landed at toronto from delhi, and after that i took a connection to washington dc where no one questioned me about immigration.

on ead form question 13 ...what should i mark place of entry in U.S.
toronto which is in canada but port of interaction with BCIS, or washington DC where i actually landed in US.

Did you get ur new I-94 card .. if so , what you had written on the form ???

I think you have to write as Advance parole

is the i-94 given at port of arrival , i remember they stamped and attached a paper to my advance parole , the stamp says TOR i guess a short form for toronto.
i dont recollect i-94 having any such info

Originally posted by bir999
on ead form question 13 ...what should i mark place of entry in U.S.
toronto which is in canada but port of interaction with BCIS, or washington DC where i actually landed in US.

Washington D.C.

The Port of Entry is what is written on I-94 or the stamp on your Advance Parole.
In your case: Toronto. This is one of the pre-inspection Port of Entries.

Originally posted by GC012002
The Port of Entry is what is written on I-94 or the stamp on your Advance Parole.
In your case: Toronto. This is one of the pre-inspection Port of Entries.

May not be true, in my case I've given the actual entry in US and they accepted. No issues.

conflict

checked my I-94 stamp by INS , syas toronto

spoke to the law offices of my attorney robert lubin they say washington dc.

any sugestions

I would go with Washington D.C., as USCIS may or may not consider Toronto as a port of entry. I've seen a couple of people, who mentioned their address (city) as thier port of entry and got EAD approved.

Originally posted by ar888
I would go with Washington D.C., as USCIS may or may not consider Toronto as a port of entry.

Toronto is not a POE (port of entry), it's a PFI (pre-flight inspection) area where you are cleared before physically setting foot on US soil. You will find them primarily in Canadian airports with high US traffic (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Halifax) as well as many Carribean destinations and Ireland.

So it is correct to say "Toronto PFI" or "Toronto" as the place of your last entry - since that will match the stamp on your I-94.