• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question to people who received GC through CP

kanta80

Registered Users (C)
People who did Consular processing, can you please tell me:

1. How many days did the US embassy keep your passport to prepare the visa after a successful interview?

2. If I do the medical from a USCIS designated doctor in the U.S., is it accepted there (for CP)?

1. How many days did the US embassy keep your passport to prepare the visa after a successful interview?
that depends on the embassy

2. If I do the medical from a USCIS designated doctor in the U.S., is it accepted there (for CP)?
no

Hello everybody :)

i am new member but often i read this forum. Thanks to everyone; I got a lot of information from this forum that may useful to me in future. Actually, i am also winner of DV2008 and i am from Asia.

Anyone from asia, pleasure to know the case number.

I would like to ask one question. I don't think so but I heard KCC ramdomly select from first Letter that they received upto end of July. We won't get 2nd letter even we got the good case number. How much truth in this?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you won, you will get the first packet and a case number. You will fill out the forms and send them to KCC. If you are eligible and visa numbers are available for your country, then you will get the second packet (an invitation to an interview) when your number becomes current. If your number is too high, it may never become current or a visa quota for your country may be over.

Does H-1B interview rejection will effect the GC approval through Consular

processing?
My friend lives aboard and never been in US before, unfortunately, his H-1B interview from Company A was rejected due to unrelated degree to Job requirement, although on the Job requirement specifically his degree has been mentioned!! Not only that, his has 6 years experience on that field as well!!
- First, is there any way to appeal his H-1B rejection? Calling Senators, ...?

Company A has sponsored him for GC through Consular Processing for the same position back in 2006, recently his I-140 approved and now is pending for CP Interview.
- Second, Are these two related to each other? I mean H-1B and GC?
Does H-1B rejection will effect his GC?

Any insight would be really appreciated!

why are you asking H1b related questions in a DV lottery subforum? why did you have to hijack somebody's topic for your questions?

LucyMo, Thanks for reply.

My Case is 3xxx. I think this is good case number. Can i assure myself that i will get 2nd letter.

Stupid Question

LucyMo, Thanks for reply.

My Case is 3xxx. I think this is good case number. Can i assure myself that i will get 2nd letter.

I do not believe any question should be stupid but what you just asked even George Bush couldn't answer. Go to the bulletin archive and make a subjective judgement/analysis based on the past.