Question to all of you from Rajiv

Rajiv S. Khanna

HOST, Immigration.Com
Staff member
I am noticing that the Canada forum is pretty active. Do you folks need any help in splitting this up into subcategories like:

Temoprary Visa Issues
Permanent Residence Issues
Citizenship Issues

Or

Are you folks OK with the way things are right now?

Regards to all. Rajiv.

Mr. Khanna,

It would be nice to split it up into different sub-cats!

Thanks

I have a question to ask?

What is your take about the automatic revalidation if one is going to Canada/Mexico and plans on returnig to the US before 30days? Especially for British Commonwealth Citizens who have Canadian PR Status, and are working in the US on H-1B and the visa stamp has expired.

Last edited by a moderator:
My two bits

First of all guys, please do not call me Mr. Khanna. Rajiv will do just fine.

Second the auto reval is the same for all, except Canadian citizens. There is no problem as long as you do not apply for a visa while in Canada (an get refused).

Originally posted by vault
Mr. Khanna,

It would be nice to split it up into different sub-cats!

Thanks

I have a question to ask?

What is your take about the automatic revalidation if one is going to Canada/Mexico and plans on returnig to the US before 30days? Especially for British Commonwealth Citizens who have Canadian PR Status, and are working in the US on H-1B and the visa stamp has expired.

Ray, the Oscar should go to the people who help each other. Me, I get paid for it, one way or another. So it is not a bad deal for anyone.

Keep making a list of things for me and I will have them all implemented. My warmest regards to you all.

Originally posted by Ray S.
Rajiv-

First of all your contribution to immigration warrants that we
present you with an Oscar, but since the Oscar committee
is biased towards anything foreign, I will present you
with a wax Oscar replica if I happen to meet you at some odd
place which is most unlikely 'cause we west coasters don't fancy
the east where you live.

Any ways, thanks to this Canadian discussion forum many of
us owe our Canadian PR to the contributions made by many here.
We are on track to becoming citizens, so it would be nice to have
a sub-category for citizenship discussions.

I would also like to see two more categories in addition to
the ones you listed for us Canadians:

I> Employment in Canada - To seek help from helpful
people in this forum to help immigrants find jobs in Canada or just
guidance.

II> Relocation help in Canada - To seek help with relocating
to different provinces in Canada from helpful samaritans on
this forum.

Let us know if you need our help to help keep
immigration live and kicking across the globe.

Thanks again for the much appreciated help.
/Ray S. K.

Question on Auto Reval

Hello Rajiv,

I am in a strange situation and have not been getting the correct answers to my Questions through the threads I have tried. I am hoping you can clear things for me. I have an approved I-797
(H-1) Which your office processed in 10 days. Before that I was on F-1. I am expecting my Canadian landing papers any time.

I wanted to know if I can just land in Canada and return on the valid I-94 that I have, without applying for any visas. I have no valid visas. I have a B2 which is expired nd an old H-1 that is cancelled without Prejudice.. because I transferred to F-1.

I do not want to apply for my H-1 in Canada as I have 1 course still to do at school in NYC and will not get that done till the end of August (I heard thy refuse people who do not have the Diploma) and my Canadian Medicals expire on July 15. So if they give me the landing papers I have to land befre July 15. it is confusing, but I hope have manage to explain my case correctly.

Your input/Advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

LDMello

Re: Question on Auto Reval

Originally posted by ldmello
Hello Rajiv,

I am in a strange situation and have not been getting the correct answers to my Questions through the threads I have tried. I am hoping you can clear things for me. I have an approved I-797
(H-1) Which your office processed in 10 days. Before that I was on F-1. I am expecting my Canadian landing papers any time.

I wanted to know if I can just land in Canada and return on the valid I-94 that I have, without applying for any visas. I have no valid visas. I have a B2 which is expired nd an old H-1 that is cancelled without Prejudice.. because I transferred to F-1.

I do not want to apply for my H-1 in Canada as I have 1 course still to do at school in NYC and will not get that done till the end of August (I heard thy refuse people who do not have the Diploma) and my Canadian Medicals expire on July 15. So if they give me the landing papers I have to land befre July 15. it is confusing, but I hope have manage to explain my case correctly.

Your input/Advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

LDMello

Clients of our firm get immediate access to us. You should have just picked up the phone and called me. Here is what you do. Just email me your phone numbers. I will call you today.

Re: My two bits

Hi Rajiv-

Thanks much. This is very interesting. I am not questioning your cedibility here. I want myself and others to be safe, while traveling back from Canada by road/air.

My delima is that When I had called the BCIS folks at peace bridge and Lewiston bridge, they told me I need to have a valid visa stamp, and so did the State Department in Washington, DC (after 1hour hour hold on the phone :)). Myself and another member (Ginnu) have been debating on this issue. Ginnu had posted links from the State Department about the Automatic Revalidation, and it clearly says that as long as one is not from one of the 7 countries, and one has not applied for/refused a visa stamp at the consulate in Mexico/Canada, he/she can travel without a Stamp, provided he/she is returning to the US within 30 days from either Mexico or Canada. When I asked the officer from the State Department (Visa unit) she stated that the new law (Visa requirement) superseeds

If I am refused entry at the border, because I don't have a valid visa stamp in my passport, what are my options? Head back to Canada and get a Visa Stamp? I don't want to get into an argument with the BCIS folks at the border. Has the State Department/BCIS published anything recently about the Auto Reval? Will it be possible for you to get something published officially? I have sent 3 e-mail to the State Department, still no reply :(

Regards,
-S

Originally posted by operations
First of all guys, please do not call me Mr. Khanna. Rajiv will do just fine.

Second the auto reval is the same for all, except Canadian citizens. There is no problem as long as you do not apply for a visa while in Canada (an get refused).

First of all, these forums are a great source of info. Thanks Rajiv, for providing this service. Secondly, I concur w/ Ray that a separate canadian citizenship catg would be very useful ... not to mention that ur services warrant an "oscar";)

Thanks.

Sure

Re: categories, will do.

Re: Oscar, :D

Originally posted by gc7777
First of all, these forums are a great source of info. Thanks Rajiv, for providing this service. Secondly, I concur w/ Ray that a separate canadian citizenship catg would be very useful ... not to mention that ur services warrant an "oscar";)

Thanks.

Originally posted by Ray S.
Need a new sub Forum:

Family Sponsorship
-Discuss issues related to sponsoring family members

Also, please fix the spelling of "Temporary"
in sub forum "Temoprary visas for Canada"

Will do, Ray.